Fern Britton...Her business if she has a GB!

Also there is a stigma attached to gastric surgery that needs to be broken down. If she came out straight off and said Yeah I've had it done, so what? Then maybe more people would start to look at it as something more serious than just a cop out.

Back to reality and let Fern off the crucifix please......and let's find a real criminal to publicly hang!

here here BF !!! I totally agree.....

Debz x

My friend had a gastric band fitted and has lost loads of weight because she is eating properly for the first time because she knows she has a reduced stomach size and needs to get the nutrients she needs first. She hasn't told many people, I think only 2 or 3 of us at work know about it, and that is her right. Remember the uproar when Anne Diamond was found to have had WLS on Celebrity Fit Club.

I like Fern and think she looks amazing these days, I'm not sure I agree with all the endorsements but if she is eating healthily coz of the band and doing all the exercise - I couldn't spend as much time on a bike as she did - then good for her.

Can anyone remember Ann Diamond saying she had one done, or was outed on that celeb fit club a couple of yrs back? It turned out she was kicked off the show and the band didnt work (for the second time or summet) and now the poor Doris looks heavier than she ever did. Maybe luverly Fern just wanted to see if it worked first???? Give her the benefit..Ive only told my mum and hubby because lets face it...we are not exactly doing the diet the """Conventional""" way as the "diet gurus" suggest r we??????:confused:

Snap Cuddly!!!!!!

Yes but as said on the other thread, the uproar with Anne Diamond was that she entered into a weight loss competition and failed to disclose that fact and was deemed cheating as part of the show. It was a totally different kettle of fish. As for fern wanting to see if it worked first, she apparently went in many magazines telling of the amazing diets that helped her to lose weight without mentioning that surgery played a part in it

Yes but as said on the other thread, the uproar with Anne Diamond was that she entered into a weight loss competition and failed to disclose that fact and was deemed cheating as part of the show. It was a totally different kettle of fish. As for fern wanting to see if it worked first, she apparently went in many magazines telling of the amazing diets that helped her to lose weight without mentioning that surgery played a part in it

Are you sure she did though? I've heard that magazines will do double sided threads about celebrities diets, without hardly asking them a question.

Reporter: Hi celebrity...can I ask you what you are doing at the moment
Celeb: Just tucking into a box of chocs.

Front page of the paper

Celebrity X loses 22 stone on the chocolate diet.

I know that probably didn't happen with the ryvita diet, but I'm pretty sure that she didn't say too much about any diet before that. I know...I've been trying to find out what she was doing for ages.

Are you sure she did though? I've heard that magazines will do double sided threads about celebrities diets, without hardly asking them a question.

Front page of the paper

I know that probably didn't happen with the ryvita diet, but I'm pretty sure that she didn't say too much about any diet before that. I know...I've been trying to find out what she was doing for ages.
Nope I don't believe anything I read in mags or papers! That is why I said apparently. But she was the face of Ryvita which is a product associated with dietting and that is probably where people are getting the impression that they have been duped.

Personally it doesn't bother me in the slightest what she has done or how she has done it. I never buy into all these 'miracle diets' in magazines and don't believe everything I read but there are people that are desperate and will try anything, especially if one minute they are seeing Fern Britton eating Ryvita and the next she is half the size.

people that are desperate and will try anything, especially if one minute they are seeing Fern Britton eating Ryvita and the next she is half the size.

And if they stick to it, then they too will lose weight.

Okay..so look at it this way. Would it make any difference if she didn't have the op, but did have a lot of willpower?

Would it be cheating if she succeeded on the diet? Would it be unfair because she managed it?

Remember that the band doesn't make the diet work better, just makes a person who struggles more able to keep to it.

And if they stick to it, then they too will lose weight.

Okay..so look at it this way. Would it make any difference if she didn't have the op, but did have a lot of willpower?

Would it be cheating if she succeeded on the diet? Would it be unfair because she managed it?

Remember that the band doesn't make the diet work better, just makes a person who struggles more able to keep to it.
I'm not saying she has 'cheated'. Tbh I feel more cheated that we live in a society where people aren't allowed a private life and have to justify their every move. All she does on TV is a job. She is not a god, she has never asked to be put on a pedestal so why are people doing it? Why are so many people so upset that she took a course of action to better herself?

I'm only joining in cus I love a good debate but I really don't have a strong opinion either way. Let her be is what I really think.

Front page of the paper

quote]

Me wishes that diet worked!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

For what its worth I think people should live their own lives and not those in the media.

I dont agree with people saying they were influenced by famous people, do these people have no brain of thier own??? Do they have no self control, just because someone (albeit a famous person) has said they have hane or have not done something does not mean you have to copy them.

Regarding Fern, I dont think she has lied (because it was the best thing to do) I think she is protecting herself from hurtful remarks, I think alot of people think WLS is the "easy" option when in truth it is probably the hardest.

It is hard enough for us not in the public eye to accept we are overweight in a pressured society let alone feel this way when everyone is looking at you. I dont know of what she has done is right or wrong the only person who knows that is Fern.

If she had done nothing about her weight issues she would have been in the wrong again for poeple (those who have no minds of their own) would think its OK to be overweight, WHATEVER celebrities do is never going to be right, you either too skinny, too fat, taking drugs, drinking, after all they are human too and are bound to make mistakes, maybe she now regrets lying!!

Sorry to rant

For what its worth I think people should live their own lives and not those in the media.

I dont agree with people saying they were influenced by famous people, do these people have no brain of thier own??? Do they have no self control, just because someone (albeit a famous person) has said they have hane or have not done something does not mean you have to copy them.
I was talking about young impressionable girls ...they have a lot to learn and will obviously look for celebs as role models and try to look like them and copy them.... come on are you telling me when you were young you didn't!!!!!!

Yeah i have told only a few people about doing LT - I dont want everyone know, maybe someday, but not now.....

I think this is a great point. How many of the guys doing LT or CD have not told others. When they find out, they may feel like they have been deceived or lied to...but at the end of the day we do what is right for us. Fern is a grown women and does not need to explain her actions to anyone. I think she looks amazing and if the only way she could do it was by having surgery then good for her. She does not need to tell the world everything about her life...thats her choice, just like we may choose not to tell others about ours.

I think she is a lovely woman and was always on the end of 'FAT' jokes on TV and must have spent so many nights hurt and upset. Good on Fern for taking action. She looks amazing.

I couldn't care less how she lost the weight, for me she was just another in a long line of celebs bleating on about how they had this transformation a la Sonia from Eastenders, Janice from Corrie etc etc. But for the last few months she's been in more magazines than you could shake a stick at, going on about how she's been eating less and exercising more blah blah blah (and her husband was saying exactly the same thing). Obviously she has been eating less seeing as she doesn't have much choice since the op. And so I can understand how some people that had taken inspiration from her dramatic weight loss would feel disheartened and yes cheated when they realised that there was no way they could acheive the same results just by following what she SAID she had done.

Good luck to Fern and Alison, it really pee's me off when people slam you for not losing weight the 'conventional' way, we all find our own preference, theirs is a GB and mine has been LT. What ever suits the individual I say. Fern looks absolutely stunning and has retained her gorgeous curves, it's just a shame that the media have forced her to keep her method of weight loss a secret, I know that if I could have afforded to have that sort of surgery then I would have gone for it. I've had people tell me that my diet is cheating cos I wasn't eating any food, and as soon as I do start eating again I will put all the weight back. But doesn't that happen with any diet if you revert back to your old ways. Sometimes we just can't win and nothing we do is right. At the end of the day all we want to do is lose weight.:confused:

No method of weight loss is cheating. LL,CD and LT are the hardest and require a lot of will power and determination. WLS is a very traumatic thing to go through and it's never a decision taken lightly. Any one who thinks any of these methods is cheating is ignorant to what these methods actually entail

I am amused at the idea that because Fern didn't say out loud to the world that she had been and had a GB fitted, she has been dishonest about how she has lost an amazing amount of weight.

Do people really believe that by having a GB fitted you melt overnight? Do the fat fairies come and magic away all that unwanted lard that covers our bodies? I think not! The band supports the weight loss by helping to restrict the amount of food that can be consumed. That doesn't happen overnight, the band has to be adjusted. The band doesn't automatically make you allergic or unable to eat chocolate or other foods loaded in sugar or fat! Its not a magic wand! Sorry am boring myself now!

Fern didn't need to tell the world she had a band, she did not lie about the band because she wasn't actually asked the question! Give the woman a break, lets embrace her success!

I am amused at the idea that because Fern didn't say out loud to the world that she had been and had a GB fitted, she has been dishonest about how she has lost an amazing amount of weight.

Do people really believe that by having a GB fitted you melt overnight? Do the fat fairies come and magic away all that unwanted lard that covers our bodies? I think not! The band supports the weight loss by helping to restrict the amount of food that can be consumed. That doesn't happen overnight, the band has to be adjusted. The band doesn't automatically make you allergic or unable to eat chocolate or other foods loaded in sugar or fat! Its not a magic wand! Sorry am boring myself now!

Fern didn't need to tell the world she had a band, she did not lie about the band because she wasn't actually asked the question! Give the woman a break, lets embrace her success!

Yes, yes, yes! It's not a easy way out, it's a last solution and then the hard work begins....you still have to eat healthily and in much, much smaller quantities!

I salute Fern, she looks amazing!

Back