Fern Britton...Her business if she has a GB!

No method of weight loss is cheating. LL,CD and LT are the hardest and require a lot of will power and determination. WLS is a very traumatic thing to go through and it's never a decision taken lightly. Any one who thinks any of these methods is cheating is ignorant to what these methods actually entail

Hear hear :clap: weight loss is hard and bands don't always help as much as folk think they will as you can sneak small high fat items.

I think she handle the whole thing really well, very classy lady.

On the note of people keeping their method of weight loss a secret we had a bloke at work doing one of the powdered foods diets and he was embarrassed as the office is all male except me. But as I said to him screw it you are doing it for you to be better just as fern did so be proud of it. Saying no to that treat is hard.

The one thing that no-one has mentioned is how long it took Fern to lose the weight. Three stone in two years? Must admit I thought the weight melted off with a GB, but just goes to show that even after taking such an extreme measure you still have a struggle on your hands. I'd rather stick with LT or CD! Faster, cheaper and healthier!

The one thing that no-one has mentioned is how long it took Fern to lose the weight. Three stone in two years? Must admit I thought the weight melted off with a GB, but just goes to show that even after taking such an extreme measure you still have a struggle on your hands. I'd rather stick with LT or CD! Faster, cheaper and healthier!
The rate is only 1-2lb a week. It's the bypass that makes it fall off you but with the band you still have to control what you eat, you just can't eat so much of it

I was amazed that she had lost dare I say so little? in that time frame, like others I thought a GB would be so much faster. In actual fact she could easily have lost that (and a lot more) by doing WW, SW, Calorie counting or indeed exercising and eating healthy.

I was amazed that she had lost dare I say so little? in that time frame, like others I thought a GB would be so much faster. In actual fact she could easily have lost that (and a lot more) by doing WW, SW, Calorie counting or indeed exercising and eating healthy.

So why didn't she? After all, GB isn't a diet. She probably did one of the above.

This is where the point keeps getting missed. She still had to diet, but the GB helped her stick to it.

Perhaps she wanted to lose slowly. Maybe she had the band adjusted so she would do just that.

GB isn't necessarily fast. It can be, but and it does depend on whether you still stick to the diet and not cheat and how tight you have it fitted.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's more than 3 stone. More like 5 stone. 5 stone in 2 years is cool :) A nice weight loss if you are still eating well.

I agree..3 stone in 2 years is really slow.....wonder is it more than 3 stone really cos she was definately bigger than the Size 18 she was being quoted as being........hmmmmm

Its an interesting debate and I am really a live and let live person and didnt tell people I was on LT.......but do feel sorry for some women who would have tried to follow her example and probably beat themselves up for not loosing and then to find out their "role model" had help....thats all.....

To each their own I suppose it just seems such a major step for such a slow weight loss.

But she may have felt like she had no other option. She may have tried everything else and failed.

Besides, perhaps her motivation wasn't to lose weight. Maybe she wanted to control her eating, rather than have her eating controlling her. If she lost weight in the process....okay, but not an emergency.

In fact, she could be very against a fast loss. Most people are.

Yes it was 5 stone and she went from a size 22 to a 16.

But dancing is absolutely spot on, it's her journey and she has the right to decide what is right for her.

Back