Feta

sully123

As a healthy extra on a Green day it says I could have 50g of feta. I have got the apetina 10% fat fetA, could I theoretically have 100g?

Do you mean as 2 HEXBs? or do you mean just cos its lower fat? you wont get any more because its lower fat (definitely not 100g worth!) but you can have 2 HEXBs of Feta. (You can 2 HEXAs and 2 HEXBs if you want ;) )

I meant as just one. Seems silly that you get the same amount of full far feta as you would for 10% fat feta

Yeah I dont knpow why low fat isnt more. It wouldn't be 100g though, even reduced fat cheddar only goes up from 30 to 45, so a 50% increase.

You do need the fat anyway though, to absorb the calcium in the first place :D

i think the reason behind the hex amounts may be because the hex are there for nutrients to make diet healthy and balanced ie calcium fats and fibre

Yeah but I think normally x qualifies as a HEX if it has y amount of calcium/fibre or whatever in a certain portion. And then you basically get up to around 120 calories/6 syns worth (as long as that amount contains enough of the calcium/fibre etc). I dont know if that right, it just seems how it works? Im guessing really. So if 50g of Feta has enough calcium in it then logically as long as the reduced fat version has the same calcium in you should get a bit more, up to 120 calories worth? Of course I may just be talking utter gubbins :D

helzzz said:
Another feta question.

Is Asda Smartprice Greekstyle cheese the same as feta and therefore is it a hex?

Thanks

Ooh glad you asked this, I was wondering it when doing my shopping today. X

helzzz said:
Another feta question.

Is Asda Smartprice Greekstyle cheese the same as feta and therefore is it a hex?

Thanks

Mm I very much doubt it to be honest! Only way of knowing would be to call the syns line!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ermintrude said:
Yeah but I think normally x qualifies as a HEX if it has y amount of calcium/fibre or whatever in a certain portion. And then you basically get up to around 120 calories/6 syns worth (as long as that amount contains enough of the calcium/fibre etc). I dont know if that right, it just seems how it works? Im guessing really. So if 50g of Feta has enough calcium in it then logically as long as the reduced fat version has the same calcium in you should get a bit more, up to 120 calories worth? Of course I may just be talking utter gubbins :D

In my book ( which is from 2011) it had the amount of reduced fat feta but it was only a b choice on green!

In my book ( which is from 2011) it had the amount of reduced fat feta but it was only a b choice on green!

deleted cos Im talking crap in my sleepiness :rolleyes:

EDIT: There! It's back! Today it's showing 75g of reduced fat Feta as a B! It did this a while back and then it stopped doing it for some reason and I could only ever see the 50g full fat version fot a while, but today the reduced fat version is back! Wish they'd make their facking mind up! :rolleyes: (Or hire someone with an IQ of over 10 to do the website :whistle: )

Last edited:
ermintrude said:
deleted cos Im talking crap in my sleepiness :rolleyes:

EDIT: There! It's back! Today it's showing 75g of reduced fat Feta as a B! It did this a while back and then it stopped doing it for some reason and I could only ever see the 50g full fat version fot a while, but today the reduced fat version is back! Wish they'd make their facking mind up! :rolleyes: (Or hire someone with an IQ of over 10 to do the website :whistle: )

The website is pretty crap at times isn't it, all that money they could at least keep it up to date! Grr

Yeah I discovered I could have more as a hexb on green days. Does anyone know how much Philadelphia light and extra light you can have?

110g Extra light
75g Light with Chives / Tomato & basil
85g Light with herb garden & basil /grilled peppers

It doesn't seem to list the plain Light at the mo, but who knows what the next Refresh will bring :rolleyes:

Back