FILO PASTRY QUESTION

poppyowner

Silver Member
The frozen pack I bought has 6 sheets in it. I only want to use one sheet for now just to 'get my bearings'. I know it is not meant to dry out and that you are meant to thaw it in clear film wrapping so IF I thaw the whole lot - how can I store the remaining sheets? I don't really want to use more than one incase I like what I make and binge the rest down if forced to make bigger quantities...... I have some stir fry veg left over so was hoping to make veg spring rolls for first attempt......

HOW DO I JUST THAW ONE SHEET WITHOUT RUINING THE REST?

Jill

Dont know if you can - sorry not helpful I know! The only thing you can do is make other thins using the filo and freeze than after cooking. There are a few nice sweet recipes on the sw website.
I think it will keep in the fridge for a while too.
I usually buy the chilled and separate the sheets then freeze

sorry couldn't be more help Hun

I think if you wrap them in cling film and keep them in the fridge they should be okay as it's exposure to the air that wll dry them out. Or you could wrap them in a clean damp cloth. They won't last for ever though so I would use them within a day or two. But filo pastry is wafer thin so I think you'll find you need more that one sheet to make your spring roll. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for the advice guys - I couldn't find chilled Filo Pastry in asda hence me buying the frozen version. Read somewhere that you can make about 6 spring rolls out of one sheet (Jumbo) or at least 4 - suppose time will tell...... might use the whole pack then pop some aside for my parents to try......thanks for the advice....I'm a filo pastry virgin - LOL

Jill

Back