Finally have my head in the right place again!

alipally

Serial Dieter!
Hello all!

Well I've finally found my weight loss head space again! Sometimes it can just be so damned illusive! Which is a shame because I've gained another stone whilst trying to find it trying and failing at different diets....

I realise that what I need is a supportive environment and some accountability every week... i.e. I need someone to weigh me and keep me honest! So on Monday I joined WW for the first time in over a decade, and it's changed somewhat, I have to say, you can see where the membership money has been spent (research and consulting experts to help you succeed).

So I'm starting with my 10% goal for starters, it doesn't do for me to dwell on massive longterm goals.... I tend to put them in the 'too hard' pile and do nothing!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all you lovely people and hopefully we can support one another along the way!
:):):):)

Well this week can be hailed a success as far as I'm concerned! Friends over all weekend and 3 consecutive nights out.... I enjoyed myself and I lost 2.6kg on the WW scales, even though I didn't feel like I'd been on a diet all weekend, I was conscious of my consumption and kept a sensible, head on...I probably drank more than I should of, but on the whole I think I did good!
I'm on the right path for now, just working on keeping myself in the zone and getting a weekly result on the scales or the tape measure.... and keeping that forward momentum!

Forgot to mention that yesterday, I officially stopped being morbidly obese and now I'm merely obese, according to the BMI chart!
Can't wait to be back in the overweight zone... although that's some way off...... I'm working towards it everyday!
Foodwise, everything is coming easy, I just need to work on getting myself out to the gym and back into exercise... I know that this will help me, just need to work my way up to it!

Well done on your loss :) x

Thanks Debs! still very early days for this time around, but I'm still in the right head space!

Well, i was a bit bored yesterday and ended up having a midweek glass of wine! It's not the end of the world, I was still well within my allowance, but I do try to avoid alcohol in the week!
This week I really should be working on getting myself to the gym and the aim will be to get in there this evening before going home from work!
A few weeks ago I was thinking that I couldn't lose any weight and I'd completely messed up my metabolism with constant dieting over the years.
The truth of the matter is that I'd been kidding myself about the calories I'd been consuming....
Just because i skipped breakfast, and lunch consisted of a piece of cake and a latte, it doesn't mean i can nibble on whatever takes my fancy from the moment you get in from work until you you get into bed and fall into a sugar induced coma!

When I worked it out I was probably consuming 2500-3000 calories everyday:eek:

It has meant a big pantry overhaul and a trip to the local market most days for fresh veggies to put in dinner, but on the plus side, I've had a great loss this week and I'm not at all hungry because, if anything, the volume of food I'm eating has actually increased!

So far the path has been smooth and I'm plodding along without any real dramas...... (she says looking sheepishly around her for signs of trouble on the horizon!)

Hey Alipally :D I think you're doing great so far! You're head does seem to be in the zone :) And congratulations on our shift in classification too! x

hi hun

do not get down on yourself i think this weather all makes us want a little tipple and then we regret it but hey we do not get the sun very often so its here to be enjoyed im going to get some walking done outside while its here got to get this 7lbs off i gained on holiday :cry:

My life has been soo busy lately, I've not had time to post much on here, but rest assured, I'm still in the right place mentally!
Opened up my ipad calender and mapped out the next 6 weekly goals... I'm aiming for 1kg a week (we weigh in kgs in Australia).. I'm hoping that I'll be under the 100kg mark by the time we move house, in September, but I'm not going to be disappointed if I miss it, so long as the downward trend continues.

It's mid winter here in Melbourne, but, although it's cold there is still plenty of sunshine during the day, which is way nicer than the British Winter I used to endure!

This week has seen off another 1.1kg (2.5lbs as near as dammit!) so that's a total of 11lbs in the last three weeks. My aim this week is to only have a maximum of 2 glasses of wine on Friday and Saturday night this weekend and to knock of Sunday evening drinking altogether!

I'm hoping that keeping my weekend in check will mean I hit that first stone lost sooner!

glad your doing good hun
good luck with your journey xx

Tuesday already! Can't quite believe just how quickly time is passing by!
My weekend was pretty full on and, although Friday night was well controlled on the alcohol front, I cannot say the same for Saturday :break_diet:
But it's done now and there's no use crying over spilt milk (or should I say wine?) Weigh day is moving to Friday this week and this will be the day it stays at from now on!

Doing good with my midweek not drinking (I sound like a lush, but you don't realise that, over time, I was drinking 2 glasses of wine every night with 3-4 on a friday or saturday.... That's a lot of drink people... even if it does fit within the government guidelines!

made the most wonderful vegetable tagine on Saturday night it only had 3 PP per portion... Shame the Couscous made up for it... a MASSIVE 8PP for a portion :eek:.... Still, it's one that's been added to the favourites list and I can see myself making it more often, even if it did make for a pretty windy tummy the next day!

Well this is week 4 and, although I'm still struggling with some aspects of this new regime, I am making progress, and that is the most important thing. I've quite a long journey ahead and a plan I can live with is important here, so it will be plodding onwards and downwards at a somewhat leisurely pace, I'm not really in a tearing hurry so it took a long time to get to this point, and this time I really mean it!!

Back