Finally trying to get weight off!

Jojo2006

So my issues with weight. I’ve always struggled with my weight, but more so since I hit 40. I’m coming up to 43 now....I just need to get it off. So some background! I had my children quite late on at nearly 36 and 38. Both children were born via ivf/ICSI! I put on loads of weight in each pregnancy but managed to slim down to 12 stone after each. Following my son’s birthday, a few things knocked me. My father in law died of cancer, then I developed post natal depression plus severe hormonal imbalances. I was started on citalopram and a contraceptive poll back to back but they just piled on weight. Then in 2015, a year after my father in law died. My dad got ill and was diagnosed with mesothelioma ( asbestos related cancer affecting the lungs - in his case) This was incrediably stressful, and over the course of his illness from 2015-2017 I went up to 15.10 stones! Since last November (when he died) I’ve tried to lose the weight. I’ve been a bit up and down emotionally. I went off the citalopram and went back on it....and it’s been tough. Ive got an underactive thyroid which doesn’t help either! I’m 15.5 stone now and have had enough. This week I’ve started lighter life with a view to kick starting the weight loss. I plan to do it for 3 weeks. I’m not sure if I can do it forever as too difficult. There’s 8 weeks to Christmas and my aim is to be at least 1.5 stone lighter. I’m writing a diary to help me. It sort of helps having it out there too!

Hi and welcome! What a brave post! I'm sorry to her about things but you seem in the right frame of mind to do some positive things now. Well done. I use Exante products and they're brilliant. I think that Lighter Life ones re very similar but don't know for certain. What I do know is that the first three days re the hardest though. If you can keep going one day at a time you'll find it gets much easier. The weight really does drop off quite quickly. Do feel free to send me messages if you feel down. A diet buddy is always good.

Hey starwarbler thank you for your message. I’ll happily be your diet buddy. Exante is the same. I lost 7 pounds with their products but wasn’t in the right frame of mind to see it through. I went with lighter life just for a change. I wanted to see what was on offer. I don’t do the counselling with it, I’m on my own. So nice to get some support. How are you getting on diet wise Starwarbler? I’m in a much better frame of mind now. I had some grief counselling, I’ve started a training course to get back to work .....and feel ready to be free. I’m so achy with excess weight! I don’t want to tell people about the diet as they just judge! Xx

Hi, I am so sorry for all your losses and the emotional journey you have been on. You can do it, sometimes it is trial and error to find a plan that suits. I am on SW at moment but not sure it is working for me and am going to review it and perhaps consider another plan. I really wish you well and hope that you find comfort and empowerment in all your endeavours. :D:D:D:D

I don't feel brave enough to post my weight on the forum yet, just my ticker to show the loss. When I started my partner wasn't happy about me following it totally as he is a keen cook. However after three weeks I decided to do Exante only and it's great. They re so tasty and I love them all. Last evening I had pot of Indian Dahl with a huge green salad and some tomato slices. I tipped the dahl onto the plate and it was a pretty decent portion. They are quite filling. I'm going to have the next weigh in on Monday. It's not always easy keeping on track but now that I see the pounds dropping off it is getting far easier. How are you doing?

Hi MistyAngel, thank you for your kind words!
It’s been hard. I think life sometimes throws us a curve ball. I’ve learnt emotional eating is a real thing! Slimming world is great and I’ve lost quite a bit on it before now. I fall down on SW as I eat too much pasta! ( pasta and underactive thyroid don’t mix too well) I know you are only meant to fill a third of your plate. I also find it hard not to calorie count. I’m really doing lightlife just to give me a kickstart. I’ve just got to do something. Psychologically I’m better when I see the weight come off quickly, turn on when losses slow down when I have less to lose! Sounds like you are doing well xx

I don't feel brave enough to post my weight on the forum yet, just my ticker to show the loss. When I started my partner wasn't happy about me following it totally as he is a keen cook. However after three weeks I decided to do Exante only and it's great. They re so tasty and I love them all. Last evening I had pot of Indian Dahl with a huge green salad and some tomato slices. I tipped the dahl onto the plate and it was a pretty decent portion. They are quite filling. I'm going to have the next weigh in on Monday. It's not always easy keeping on track but now that I see the pounds dropping off it is getting far easier. How are you doing?

Know what you mean about showing weight. I suppose really it doesn’t matter though. The fact it’s going down is brilliant! I don’t think a lot of people understand ketosis diets. However it’s great for those of us who really have a bit to lose! To my mind it’s better than a gastric band. Sounds like you’ve really seen some good results so far, and that’s inspiring! The salad sounds lovely. I’ve only been back on it for 3 days. So far I’ve lost 4 pounds. Some of that is water loss post period. I’m doing ok. I’ve just become a helper with the Rainbows unit. I came home afterwards and went straight to the cupboard but then realised and sat and had a drink instead!!!! The evenings are the worst for me. Also the children leave a lot of food on their plates .....just so tempting!!!xx

Back