First Day Completed!!

lipoliz

Hello everyone. I am so relieved to have completed day 1 as did not know what to expect but it's not been as bad as I expected. Worse part for me was the strawberry and not so bad vanilla shakes. Chocolate was fine but any ideas on making the others tastier would be more than welcome. ;)

Vanilla and peppermint tea mixed together is delicious!

But I loved the Vanilla anyway, actually I like all of the shakes lol!!

Not much you can do with the strawberry im afraid!

Well done for getting through day one :D

Hey... well congrats on getting the first day over with i know its hard.. I just finished my first week one stone down never to appear again:) I read on here about the peppermint tea mixed with the choc and i wasnt a huge lover of the choc one but OMG it was so much nicer so I just wanna say who ever came up with that idea you are a LEGEND excellent idea going to try mix it with the Vanilla 2moro..

Hi Lipoliz i put a bit of coffee and ice cubes in with my vanilla shake, I think I read that on here somwhere and it's delicious a bit like a Frappe (think they call that kind of drink frappe ) Anyway just spices it up a bit if you get bored. :D

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your posts. The shakes somehow tasted better today even without adding anything [apart form ice], however, I will defo be using your tips for the future. I think I just needed to get used to the flavours.

Well done and im now a vanilla addict lol i love that so much

I mentioned this in another thread (somewhere ?), but I grew very attached to my vanilla shake. The first once I had made me gag though....I just mixed it with the water using a spoon!!! It was the tips on this forum that saved me. Doing it properly was my routine when I got up and once the kids were off to school. 240ml cold water, 4 cubes of ice, vanilla shake, half spoon coffee (spoonful of fibreclear sometimes), blended for 2 minutes and in a pint glass through a straw whilst I watched Will and Grace and got dressed, before heading off to do some work !!! Still miss it :-(

Got to agree with the frappe, I hated vanill at 1st but mixed with ice and coffee and a sweetner.... my fave now!

Not too keen on the strawberry anymore but mixed with ice and occasionally a sweetner, its ok!

Hi Lipoliz,
congrats on getting day one down and now day 2 as well I hope. Try all the shakes in the different ways, try the mousse way as well, you may like it. I used to like the chocolate hot esp in the earlier days when I was cold. I also took half the choc sachet and half the vanilla and mixed them together and made this hot as well, it was a nice alternative. Have you tried the soup, some find it great and it's nice to be able to sit and eat something, that's why I like the flapjacks.
Try everything and see what suits you, I am stuck on choc shakes with loads of ice and the flapjacks at the moment as they suit me but as the weeks go on I will probably introduce some others back for variety, even for a short while. I think the best advice I read on here was treat the shakes etc. as fuel for the body, a type of medicine so to speak, then the job is to get them in and not get too caught up with how they taste, after all this is a holiday from food and we just need the nutrients.
Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Thank you all so much for your messages and support. This forum is keeping me going at the moment. Starting week 2 tomorrow and going to introduce a flapjack a day for a change. Im missing chewing food so hopefully this will help. Still feeling positive but struggling in the evenings. Keep up the good work everyone xxx

Hi Liz

Welcome...I dont have anything to add, because I only have strawberry, choc and soup....and dont add anything other than crushed ice.

Like Doirin says, dont get hung up with flavours, etc...to me the shakes are getting me nutrients...nothing more really.

Well done on getting through Day 1...if you can do that, you can carry on and carry on...keep jumping on here and getting all the support you need in the early days.

Take care

A spoonful of mild powder coffee makes them all taste so nice, love them all with coffee in them and some ice cubes in a big nice cup or glass.. :):) and i am not even really a coffee drinker..

Back