Extra Easy Days First day not going so well

Toola-Roola

Hi all,

Having done quiet well with Red days, I've lost my mojo a bit and got a bit lazy.

I have started afresh today and am attempting Extra Easy - I do struggle to get my head round it a bit though.

Today hasn't gone great. I had shreddies and milk so thats my A and B choice but there isn't any free foods here. I had fruit in my bag but didnt get chance to eat it as I went straight to a meeting.

Then I had the dentist so had an injection in my gums, he told me to only eat something soft so got Uncle Bens microwave rice which on EE is quiet low syns and got some Tesco BBQ chicken which isn't low syns! (brought before I checked!), this was then followed by a punnet of grapes.

I've just got home and found my OH has made me a chicken Curry - is there anything I can add to this to make it as EE as possible?

I may just have to go back to red, i find this EE malarky too complicated!

I am assuming you went to work and didn't prepare lunch to take with you, this can be dangerous as you then have to try to find something SW friendly once you are hungry.

I would highly suggest meal planning for the week, there are so many SW meals you can make and easily include a 1/3 superfree. Also hot food flasks are great for taking hot food with you on the go, you can fill them with absolutely anything.

For adding superfree food quickly to a meal, I find frozen veggie bags a light saver, you can easily have a good portion of veg on your plate in minutes.

Re the curry, how has it been made? Were any veggies added or passata etc this all adds to your 1/3 superfree. If not could you quickly steam some veg to serve along side it?

Don't just give up with extra easy after one day. It can take a few days before it all finally clicks into place and from there on it really is as it says on the tin 'extra easy'

Thanks for your reply - You are right, I went into work unprepared.

I do need to menu plan and then shop. I have the new 100 extra easy days book but the trouble, I dont have half the stuff to cook with!

I dont like many veggies either - as much as I have tried I just dont like them. I do eat sweetcorn, mushrooms, carrots and peppers. I just feel really stuck to fill my meals with free or superfree.

As for the curry - he has used pataks paste and full fat cream!

I think I'll menu plan and write a shopping list tonight

EEk on the curry, did he not know you had started slimming world?

I personally would turn it down as you are still on plan so far, so you could easily ruin your day by having it.

I am sure you will get the hang of it, sounds like you have good plans for tomorrow.

Remember though you don't have to do EE, if green or red works better for you, just do those.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply - You are right, I went into work unprepared.

I do need to menu plan and then shop. I have the new 100 extra easy days book but the trouble, I dont have half the stuff to cook with!

I dont like many veggies either - as much as I have tried I just dont like them. I do eat sweetcorn, mushrooms, carrots and peppers. I just feel really stuck to fill my meals with free or superfree.

As for the curry - he has used pataks paste and full fat cream!

I think I'll menu plan and write a shopping list tonight

Have you worked out how many syns you have actually used today? I read that something was low syn, something high syn & the curry doesn't sound very SW friendly :eek:

I agree with BM, don't give up EE after just a day, it can work just as well as red days. Why not take a nose through some food diaries on here for some meal ideas's - might help you get your head around the whole 1/3 superfree? Also if your a bit fed up with red days - again try making some new recipes, that always gives me a boost as it stops me getting fed up with eating the same meals all the time.
x

EEk on the curry, did he not know you had started slimming world?

I personally would turn it down as you are still on plan so far, so you could easily ruin your day by having it.

I am sure you will get the hang of it, sounds like you have good plans for tomorrow.

Remember though you don't have to do EE, if green or red works better for you, just do those.

Good luck

LOL! Yes, I've been on it since March last year so he does know - typical man though and just didnt think!

Have you worked out how many syns you have actually used today? I read that something was low syn, something high syn & the curry doesn't sound very SW friendly :eek:

I agree with BM, don't give up EE after just a day, it can work just as well as red days. Why not take a nose through some food diaries on here for some meal ideas's - might help you get your head around the whole 1/3 superfree? Also if your a bit fed up with red days - again try making some new recipes, that always gives me a boost as it stops me getting fed up with eating the same meals all the time.
x

I'm just in the process of working out the syns online. It has thrown another question up which I will do another post about.

I do just need to understand EE, red worked well for me, I just felt like I needed to mix things up a bit.

Back