Fit to 40

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by KittySoftPaws74, 30 April 2014 Social URL.

1. KittySoftPaws74

KittySoftPaws74 Member

Diet:
    Atkins
    Good morning

I am Nat and a newbie. Trying Atkins and today is day 1. Trying to get my head around the allowed foods on induction.

I am also a newbie triathlete and during this journey I am not going to weigh myself but use clothing and body changes to determine my success or failure. If that makes sense.

Will update later with how my day has gone. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. KittySoftPaws74

KittySoftPaws74 Member

Diet:
    Atkins
    Just been to Tesco and felt a little faint. What a wimp I am. Don't think I have drank enough to be honest. Here is what today looks like nutrition wise.

B - Salmon, eggs and asparagus (Hubby thought I had gone mental)
    L - Packet of pork scratchings
    D - Steak salad with mayo
    S - Cheese
    E - 23 mile bike ride which burned 800+ cals

4. Sam_Dodd

Sam_Dodd Silver Member

Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Low carb/ low cal
    Hi Nat, Make sure you drink plenty of water, I never do! 23 miles is amazing! I love going out on my bike but I have my (nearly) 2 year old on the back so I'm very slow! ha! Your food looks yummy!

5. KittySoftPaws

KittySoftPaws Full Member

Thanks...but you must burn a whole load more cals than me with the extra special weight on the back :) Water oh yes.....poured myself a glass ages ago and yep....it's still right there!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

6. coffeelover

coffeelover Gold Member

Start Weight:
    155lb
    Current Weight:
    136lb
    Goal Weight:
    131lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.26%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Welcome and good luck! Make sure your eating enough, that's a lot of exercise well done. :)

7. KittySoftPaws

Thank you Coffeelover. It's not a great amount of exercise for me. I like to do more but time wasn't on my side today. Not hungry at the moment which is a great feeling. No carb craving swings :)

8. Goldilukes

Goldilukes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Calorie counting
    Well done on the bike ride, 23 miles sounds a hell of a lot and I'd want more than an 800 cal burn for that hehe, But I'm greedy. Just think of this re the water " the more you drink the more you shrink" :)

9. KittySoftPaws

Really? I am suffering with PMT bloating and have purchased some water relief herbal tabs from boots. Just heading for a swim.....does swallowing pool water count? ;)

10. KittySoftPaws

B - Bacon, eggs, asparagus and mayo
    L - Chicken salad
    T - Chicken and cauliflower and mayo
    S - Cheese
    E - 1 mile/64 lengths freestyle swim and 30 mins weights

11. Sam_Dodd

Sam_Dodd Silver Member

Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Low carb/ low cal
    Menu sounds lovely! and your exercise is great! do you have much to lose?

12. KittySoftPaws

About 2 stone really but I will be happy when I get into my skinny pair of shorts I wore when I met my hubby. That's my goal.

13. KittySoftPaws

Got a wedding night do on Saturday. It's going to be tricky :(

14. Canadian

Canadian Full Member

Start Weight:
    215lb
    Current Weight:
    193lb
    Goal Weight:
    145lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.23%)
    Hi! I'm new to Atkins too - I'm on my second week of induction. This forum is great for finding information, recipes and getting advice from others who've been at it for a while. Good luck with the wedding! I've been avoiding going out to eat because sticking with induction at a restaurant or event seems daunting, but I know I'll have to figure it out at some point.

15. KittySoftPaws

Hi, yes it is daunting. The food should in theory be ok as it will be a buffet but I know I shall cave in with alcohol over the weekend. Have a great second week :)

16. Dietninja

Dietninja Loves cake!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    Any and every...currently Exante
    Subscribing :) loving all the exercise! I'm marathon training but not low carb. Am interested in triathlon next...what distance are you doing?

17. KittySoftPaws

Hi, I had to pull out of a marathon due to injury....running and me don't go together lol so I decided to learn how to swim and ride a bike to keep me fit. I started in November last year and did my first sprint distance Triathlon 2 weeks ago. I am doing another Sprint on June 1st and a cycle sportive of 76 miles in August. I would like to do an Olympic distance tri before the year is out but I would need to purchase a wetsuit for the outdoor swim. It is a costly sport!! Great news on your marathon....how is training going?

18. Dietninja

Dietninja Loves cake!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    Base building as it's not til Oct. I had planned to do Brighton in April but got a stress fracture so have had most of the beginning of this year off. So I'm just rebuilding at the moment.

I'd love to do a triathlon but family logistics prevent it for a few more years...I'm a single mum so until my kids are old enough to be left alone, I'm running (have a treadmill at home and it's much easier to squeeze an outdoor run in than a swim or bike ride). Also as you say, much cheaper...

19. KittySoftPaws

Nasty injury.....I tore my calf and my hip flexor. I ran 2 days back to back last week and bang my calf is sore again (I give up) It is very difficult to juggle the demands of being a mum even with a hubby. I retired from nursing last year as My eldest daughter is disabled and I couldn't juggle it anymore. I train while the kids are at school so I am fortunate I can.

Which marathon are you doing?

20. Dietninja

Dietninja Loves cake!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    Urghhhh injuries!

Dublin...its my 40th the following week so my little celebration :)

21. KittySoftPaws

Oh Dublin sounds great. I am 40 in September.