Flutter's Diary

Vicky I tell you you're a little bloody marvel where do you get your iron motivation from?
erm why? cos i put a stone on pmsl!

arent lentils carby? there is a thing called bento box which is 'supposed' to keep your food warm Bento Box at Firebox.com for the pie maybe? or could you not make chilli and put in a flask?

Lentils are forbidden, they are pure carbs

only in phase 3 10lbs from goal and flutter is unless she doing induction first?

Oh right Vicky, I still don't eat them though, I used to love them but they give me stomach problems now.

Oh they do me too Jim - always have done. ill be steering clear!

erm why? cos i put a stone on pmsl!

Ah but you're straight back on the horse so to speak! And losing again :D

arent lentils carby? there is a thing called bento box which is 'supposed' to keep your food warm Bento Box at Firebox.com for the pie maybe? or could you not make chilli and put in a flask?

Will look into that box thing thanks ...... xx

Now about these lentils I figure they are slow release carbs yes I know carbs none the less ....

Not back on induction just going to follow the general principles and see how it goes! :)

You'll never know how they affect you til you try them... I've had some lentil & bacon soup & been ok was about 15g carbs per serving so not hugely bad!

Oooh hello flutter, Ive recently joined and by the looks of things we perhaps live not too far from each other.
Bloody cold isnt it :gen125:

Yay Flutter - I was afraid that you'd just post once and run away! Great news about nursery only 2 days a week - that's perfect.

Good idea to just check your own thread when you're pressed for time. We'll be sure to put anything important here so you don't miss out. Are you thinking of Birmingham in March? Would be fab to meet you.

Hope you get some good stuff sorted for lunches. I think the soup is a great idea - it's certainly the weather for it! I like my celery soup with a splash of cream - it's only about 2g carbs per large bowl if you use spring onion instead of onion.

If you find something to keep food warm for you, then the sky's the limit of course! :)

When I worked in an office, I used to take salads to work for lunch when I low-carbed. But they were the envy of the office and I had all these people wondering how I could lose weight when I ate this every day!

I took a container of my lettuce and cheese mix (usually just a sprinkle of parmesan or cheddar), and another container with my "warm" mix (chicken and bacon). I kept a bottle of homemade LC dressing made up in the office fridge.

So, put container of bacon/chicken in microwaved, add to salad mix on the plate, add dressing. YUMMY! Gourmet warm chicken salad, better than a restaurant!

As this was often my main meal of the day, depending on what else I had on hand (chunks of buffalo mozzerella, chorizo, fried mushrooms), I made this quite substancial. It kept me going and I didn't get the late-afternoon munchies. By making the salad in the office, you get a crunch fresh salad with a warm treat on top rather than a mushy mess you made at 7am.

(((drool... now I know what I'm having for lunch today...)))

Morning Lesley. :)

You'll never know how they affect you til you try them... I've had some lentil & bacon soup & been ok was about 15g carbs per serving so not hugely bad!

Nah I'm fine with lentils in fact I don't carbs upset me too much as I've been munching em and haven't had any side effects well apart from tighter waistband of course!! Oh yum what sort of soup was that Linzi sounds lush!

Oooh hello flutter, Ive recently joined and by the looks of things we perhaps live not too far from each other.
Bloody cold isnt it :gen125:

Hey Highland Pony welcome on board will be lovely to have someone local to chat with!! How you getting on? Where do you stay?
Bloody cold indeed -4.5c this morning apparently!

Yay Flutter - I was afraid that you'd just post once and run away! Great news about nursery only 2 days a week - that's perfect.

Good idea to just check your own thread when you're pressed for time. We'll be sure to put anything important here so you don't miss out. Are you thinking of Birmingham in March? Would be fab to meet you.

Hope you get some good stuff sorted for lunches. I think the soup is a great idea - it's certainly the weather for it! I like my celery soup with a splash of cream - it's only about 2g carbs per large bowl if you use spring onion instead of onion.

If you find something to keep food warm for you, then the sky's the limit of course! :)[/QUOTE

Hey WW I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK for good! Birmingham so would love to come but not sure I can commit so don't want to say yah or nay just now but you never know I may just interlope!! ........ Celery can't stand the stuff but doesn't taste of much when cooked I've found .... will give it a whirl!

How are you pet all ok in WW land?

When I worked in an office, I used to take salads to work for lunch when I low-carbed. But they were the envy of the office and I had all these people wondering how I could lose weight when I ate this every day!

I took a container of my lettuce and cheese mix (usually just a sprinkle of parmesan or cheddar), and another container with my "warm" mix (chicken and bacon). I kept a bottle of homemade LC dressing made up in the office fridge.

So, put container of bacon/chicken in microwaved, add to salad mix on the plate, add dressing. YUMMY! Gourmet warm chicken salad, better than a restaurant!

As this was often my main meal of the day, depending on what else I had on hand (chunks of buffalo mozzerella, chorizo, fried mushrooms), I made this quite substancial. It kept me going and I didn't get the late-afternoon munchies. By making the salad in the office, you get a crunch fresh salad with a warm treat on top rather than a mushy mess you made at 7am.

(((drool... now I know what I'm having for lunch today...)))

Sounds lovely Seraphine only prob no access to microwave do you think Comet or Currys would mind me making use of their display models :).
Salad yum in summer but not so great for me in cold weather!

Morning Lesley. :)

Morning Jim!! :)

i also take a big salad for lun ch at work, it really does keep me satisfied all afternoon, and as i also eat dinner at work, i take some frozen veg in a tub, mico them and add a knob of butter, then i often have corned beef sandwiched with cream cheese with it, never so hungry at that time.

my salads are also envied, so i took on in for one of the girls last week, she now loves my diet!

Maybe I should just get a more normal job in an office think it would be a darned sight easier!!
Or ditch the hubby and find one who can keep me to the manner to which I'm not accustomed - ie me at home with a nanny, cleaner, chef, personal trainer etc etc :D

No microwave? Poo.

You could always warm it up and put it in a thermos in the morning, and then make it up at lunchtime?

I know what you mean about salads not being nice for winter, but if it's got a warm topping, it does help.

Especially when it's -5 like this morning!!!!!!!! (when is spring coming??)

I love the warm salad approach - is it worth chatting to people at work and seeing if everyone wants to chip in for an el cheapo microwave? They're going for £20-30 in the sales.

Back