Food diaries & thoughts

missangel89

Ok so the first post will be a long one,
I’m now 30 single mum of a 3 year old terror had no energy no patience and was literally feeling deflated, stood on the scales at 19st3lb almost died! I think I was deluded as to what my weight actually was I was still squeezing myself into size 16 leggings and literally wearing nothing but leggings and tank tops. This is the second heaviest I’ve been and the heaviest in 4 years so time to change.
My aim is to get down to 12st7lb and can then judge from there if I can go further or not. So long as I can get back into a size 10/12 I will be happy.
I don’t want to be the fat mum at the school gates or the mum that can’t run around the park with her kids but I also don’t want to end up the skinny mum obsessed with every calorie so slimming world is my way forward. I am doing it exclusively from home as classes here don’t fit in with nursery/shifts and I struggle with child/puppy care.
I seriously need to boost my activity levels so starting from my first weigh in I will be attempting to walk with the dog at least 3miles 3 times a week while weeone is in nursery
I started on plan Wednesday 13/3 so will post food diaries from Wednesday to now here and my other thread solely for my weigh ins. As I am doing this exclusively from home so some syns etc I may ask for help with
So anyways here goes the start of changing my life forever

Last edited:
Wednesday 13/3/19

Breakfast: 2 whole meal 400g loaf toasts (B) 2 eggs 1tbsp tomato sauce (2)
Lunch: baked potato egg mayo 2tbsp light mayo (2) 1 tbsp Tom sauce (1) florette salad box beetroot pickled onions 30g cathedral city (A1)
Tea: chicken thigh sweet potato mash gravy(1)
Drinks: 3 black coffees 2L water
Snacks: 50g fat free gummy bears (10)
Total syns 15

First day on plan didn’t realise heA now allows two so will incorporate that from tomorrow.

Was working today (volunteer at charity) so managed a small walk with dog and run around with my son after his nursery lots of housework after he was bedded
All in all think I did ok for day 1

Day 2
Thursday 14/3/19

Breakfast: strawberries, banana, vanilla muller light(1)
Lunch: 2 biscuits (8) monster ultra red
Tea: homemade spaghetti bolognaise 30g cheese (A1) muller light mandarin (1)
Drinks: 2L water, Milky Coffee 200ml semi skimmed milk (A2)
Snacks: 25g fat free gummy bears(5), 2 whole meal toast(B)
Total syns 15

Had a slip up with lunch today was out and about in a panic due to a broken phone screen thanks to the dear child spilling cleaning fluids on it 🙈

Day 3
Friday 15/3/19

Breakfast: overnight oats (B) with vanilla/chocolate sprinkles muller light (1) and frozen fruit
Lunch: left over spaghetti bolognaise 30g cheese (A1)
Tea: steak no fat, baked potato, beans, mangetout, baby corn 2tbsp tomato sauce (2)
Drinks: black coffee x2, 2L water, milky coffee (A)
Snacks: Apple, Banana, 25g gummy bears(5)
Total syns 8

Feel much better today actually have more energy and not as highly strung. Not actually missing anything either. It has been a difficult transition with the weeone but I’ll just keep pushing through

Day 4
Saturday 16/3/19

Breakfast: overnight oats (b) (1) tbsp peanut butter (5)
Lunch: baked potato, tuna, sweetcorn, 2tbspn light mayo (2), 1tbspn tomato sauce(0.5)yogurt (1)
Tea: cheese and bacon pasta bake (Aldi jar 5) 40g cathedral city lighter (A1)
Strawberries banana pear yogurt(1)
Drinks: milky coffee (A2) 5 black coffees, 1.5L water
Snacks: 4 boiled eggs
Total syns 15.5

Went over my syns today probably didn’t need all the yoghurts but had family over for tea who were expecting puddings and all I had were yoghurts and fruit. I also didn’t realise the syns of the peanut butter so that will be getting binned today may invest in the pb2 or the peanut hottie instead. I didn’t drink as much water but did drink more coffee
Tomorrow will be my first roast without mealie not sure how I feel about that but it’s far to hard/high to syn it so not even going to bother making it
Onwards and upwards (well downwards on the scales)

Last edited:
Day 5
Sunday 18/3/19

Breakfast: fry up- 2 Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages, 2 eggs, 2 whole meal toast (B)
Lunch: 3 egg omelette, 1/2 onion, 40g cathedral city lighter (A1)
Tea: roast chicken, potatoes, peas, sweetcorn,gravy (1)
Drinks: 1L water, milky coffee (A2)
Snacks: 1/2 wisps gold (6) biscuit (4) Parma violet & loveheart minis (4)
Total syns 15

Today was almost a write off 😢 had a crappy day weeone playing up rotten and I reached for the sweets thankfully I managed to restrain myself or it could have been worse
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day

Day 6
Monday 18/3/19

Breakfast: bacon sandwich 2x wm bread(B)3 bacon rashers tbsp tomato sauce (1)
Lunch: 500ml water
Tea: chicken curry (5) rice
Drinks: 2L water
Snacks: banana strawberries muller light(1) biscuit(4) 40g light cheese(A1)

So today was another pants day😭 was at work rushed off my feet and rather than go to the chippy next door I had water til I got home and reached for a biscuit! At least I stopped at one.... have sat this afternoon and written out a meal plan for the next two weeks after going through cupboards and freezer and checking syns on everything!
Tomorrow I’ll be going for a looooong (long for me) walk with a friend and the dog looking to rack up around 12-15k by 1pm then once I’ve collected weeone from nursery it’s taking him to the park to play (tire him out) then home to make tea and housework so again more ‘body magic’ so to speak
Bring it on 😊

Day 7
Tuesday 19/3/19

Breakfast: overnight oats with peach & pineapple muller light and frozen fruit mix
Lunch: baked potato with left over chicken curry from last night (3)
Tea: rosemary & red onion sausages, 100g frozen oven chips (5) 2 eggs fried, beans
Drinks: 2.5l water 1 milky coffee (A1)
Snacks: 2x babybel (A2) banana x2 4x gummy sweets (3)

Steps: 14061 total 5.9 miles!!!!
Today started off crap.... woken at 5am by the drunken neighbours slamming doors and arguing which carried on til around 8 this morning and appear to have restarted now 😭
In saying that after dropping the weeone at nursery me and a friend decided to still do our walk not gonna lie both me and the dog were dead by the end of it but I did it!! 😁
Gonna be a morning routine from now on that we take a walk after dropping the weeones off to boost our steps
Tomorrow is weigh day eeeek seriously hoping that I have had a good result as bar one day I have been completely on plan
We shall see what the morning brings night all 😊

Day 8
Wednesday 20/3/19

B: overnight oats with mandarin ML (1)
L: baked potat with tuna mayo (2.5) 20g lighter cheese (1/2A1)
T: whole meal pasta with dolmio stir in (4) 20g lighter cheese (1/2A1)
D:1.5L water milky coffee (A2)
S: 2x banana 2x boiled eggs apple

Total syns: 7.5

Well today was weigh in day.....
I LOST 7lbs 😊😊 so happy with that I also managed my 10k steps again coming in at 10566
Feeling much more positive this time around and have also managed to encourage a friend to join to so I know have a buddy which also keeps me motivated I’m gonna smash this weightloss 😁

Back