food shopping

emma3662

Silver Member
Hi all i'm off to asda in th nxt hour so any tips on snacks and how to avoid th junk food? Xx

Crabsticks and low syns sweet chillie dip Asdas own. Fruit of course, yoghurts of course, Smart Price low fat plain cottage cheese, not to everyones taste but quite filling if you like it. Mikados, half a syns each stick, yummy. Lean ham, boiled eggs kept in the fridge, chicken legs with the skin taken off. Hope this all helps you

Yeah everything but crab sticks yuck haha xx

My top tip would be to make sure you've eaten before you go and do the shopping. If you're hungry whilst shopping, you could find yourself picking up allsorts of rubbish, rather than foods that are on plan.

Going to have lunch in cafe as I my 1st meeting is tonight so i'm being naughty for th last time but i'll do that in future too thanks x

My top tip would be to make sure you've eaten before you go and do the shopping. If you're hungry whilst shopping, you could find yourself picking up allsorts of rubbish, rather than foods that are on plan.

Really top tip! Another one I would say plan at least 5 meals for the week and then do your shopping online, saves you grabbing stuff you don't need, you can normally find a voucher for free delivery or money off too if you have a look around.

Ahhh now this is why I shop online! I find it keeps me completely in control - I only buy what I need for the week ahead and I dont succumb to the promotion stands of new choccies and crisps!

My must haves though are always plenty of fruit and veg, quark, eggs and FRYLITE! I literally couldn't manage without it x

Totally agree with the shopping online. Its so handy to pick out just what you need and I just avoid the junk food section completely. I find this helps me to stay on plan.

Cant do shopping online :-( fry light was only 1.50 tho all done xx

Oh yes what would we do without frylight? Its a staple in every S Wers cupboard. When its on offer I always grab a couple, Asda ran out last week, think all in group must have been in there. Ha ha.

Back