food take outs and booze

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by fitter at 51, 6 December 2007 Social URL.

1. fitter at 51

fitter at 51 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    maintaining /G.I after L.L.
    Hi all you lighter lifers just been doing some calculations on the cost of my usual food treats and suddenly L.L is ACTUALLY saving me so much money.
    8 cans of cider a week 2 bottles of wine at least £20. A take out for the family from the indian £25.00 the grocery shopping bills have reduced by £30... a week just checked some recent receipts.
    Also Christmas will be much cheaper because wont feel the need to take all family or go with pals for meals, drinks instead will do cinema,walks visits to local parks and explore the city a bit.

This is part of my journal today re a reality check Bye for Now Maria:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peanut

peanut Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Your 100% right Marie. I spent endless amounts on lunches, take aways and boozing!! and now I pay a set amount and thats its - altho have been spending on bottles of water instead lol.

4. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Ah the bottles of water, I am getting good at sniffing out a bargin and all my friends tell me if they see any special offers on the wet stuff!!! lol
    My tap water tastes of soil so not so nice but I'd rather buy water than the rubbish I used to buy!

5. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Loving your Avatar Scot, you nutter!
    Maria you are so right I recently started to buy loads a Cr..p again as I am aming a diet crisis and my god you dont realise just how much extra all those 'extras' that you dont really officially buy becuase they dont exist and no one else sees them coz you eat them on the way home etc.
    Keep it up girl you are astar

6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yup - me too. Used to spend at least £60 a week on food just for me, then the cider and wine, then the takeout on a Tuesday and the pub meal on a Friday - I'm saving TONS of cash!!!

7. Size10wannabe

Size10wannabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.74%)
    I agree.. have saved a fortune so far... all the bars of choc on the way home or at the petrol station..all the extra goodies at the supermarket....

Think of all the extra cash you will have saved to buy lots of sexy new clothes lots of sizes smaller :))

8. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    VERY true...

I worked out (god knows how I afforded it) I used to spend:

£12ish a day at the pub for lunch - Monday-Friday
    £80 a week at ASDA
    about a tenner on snacks and general rubbish at the petrol station after feeding the car!
    and...... roughly £2 a day or more rubbish like choccy and crisps!!

Oh and then I might stop off at Greggs and buy cakes/donuts for my team at work a few times a month!!!

This diet is going to leave me rich... HAHAHAHA!!!!

Now I spend £66pw on foodpacks...
    7 bottles of evian for about a fiver... and 7 bottles of fizzy for about a fiver...(or sometimes I drink good ol' tap water so I save even more!

BARGAIN!

9. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I have found that the tesco value sparkling (they do still too) water doesn't taste any different to the expensive ones and is only about 17p per 2L bottle.
    For still water I have invested in a Brita filter (they were on special off in Tesco, not sure if they are still).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.