For my health

Enough

Gold Member
Hi!

I'm not sure if anyone will see this - possibly JB? possibly no-one!

But I'm here, I'm doing Lighter Life, and I'm going to document it here :)

I'm re-starting with Lighter Life Light today after a break due to a health scare - I'm fine and ready to start back up - I went to the session this morning thinking that she'd be recommending a week or so to prepare myself, but instead it's a "no time like the present" plan to get back up and running! Eep! I need to think about how I'm going to manage, whether I'm going to find it hard, what strategies I need to put in place, etc etc...

I'm doing this for my health - I've been diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease, and with an insulin resistance. I also had a heart scare recently which they thought might be angina, but it hasn't recurred and we're hoping it was a one-off blip, but it's important to take it seriously and work pro-actively, and preventatively, for my long term future..

Soo... 3 packs a day for the first week, then four packs a day after that.. Here goes nothing! :D

Hi!

I'm not sure if anyone will see this - possibly JB? possibly no-one!

But I'm here, I'm doing Lighter Life, and I'm going to document it here :)

I've just started lighter life too! Some real good offers in Superdrug atm :) definitely advise the shakes. How are you getting on?

Im good! Justvwinding myself down into the zone.. Bit tricky with being on hols right now but i know ill be there by christmas ! Woohooo

I was concerned about you when you hadnt posted as I knew you where waiting on test results to come back. Im really glad to know all is well. How have you found the adjustment back to lighter life after been eating the last few weeks.

Thats good news that it was a blip and its nothing too bad. I was wondering how you were getting on.

Thank you fit4, Tip and G! :)

I'm absolutely fine :) I'm just home from 4 days in the lake district in a family-reunion holiday.. It's been active and healthy with a mix of proper walks, and playing swingball, and spending hours tidying up after my family who are much better at eating and drinking than they are at loading the dishwasher or sorting out the recycling (although I enjoyed feeling holier-than-thou whilst also being praised relentlessly for doing everything while they did bugger all and felt smug for getting away with being lazy :D haha - everyone's a winner haha!)

I have NO IDEA what my diet involves right now! hahaha! I'm in some muddled mix of LL meals whenever I get the chance, and (mostly) healthy choices when it's been politic to simply join in with everyone. Life should return to normal after a round trip to the airport this coming Monday and then we can have a bit of normality eating-wise, and I can settle back into Lighter LIfe properly again - I love a good challenge week - those weeks I was doing a couple of months ago where you guys were cheering me on were SUCH FUN! that I can't wait to be doing those again! And I've not regained any of the weight since then - I just haven't really lost any more since then either. (I think I stopped at 13.8 ad I'm now about 13.7ish) And with Lighter Life a pound or two either way will soon be irrelevant when I start losing properly again :D Here comes a healthy slim Christmas! :D

I think the chest pains thing has been a storm in a tea-cup.. but it's probably good to get a bit of a shake-up and take my health seriously. I don't really have a choice about taking my health seriously any more, but luckily I'm also lined up better to feel empowered to enjoy being active, and give myself permission to eat well and be fitter, slimmer, more full of vitality.. so here's hoping, with YOUR help, I'll keep my eye on the ball and keep heading in the right direction!

Thank you for your interest/support..

'Enough' :)

Wow what a great time you've had! All the positivity is great, it's refreshing to have such a good holiday. You're in the right place to get back on track at least you can talk about it here as much as you like!

Good to hear all is well and that you had a lovely holiday.

After my carb induced hibernation :1461:...I am back and ready to knock off a couple of stone by Christmas:scale:

I started yesterday.

I'm ok.. I have tonsilitis and I'm not on any specific diet, but "trying to be good" which means I'm not gaining weight at least!

Back