For those Starbucks lovers...

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I bought a tall skinny iced sugar free vanilla latte the other day (one of my faves in the summer!) and wondered how much of my HEX A it was using. Took the cup home and measured it (I watched how much milk they poured in!) and it's only 200ml!

So...you can have 1 tall skinny iced latte for 2/3 of a HEX A. Next time I might get the grande and measure that out - I should think it would be the full 350ml allowance.

Hope that helps someone!

Wow that DEFFO helps me! I love the Bucks and have been avoiding my tall skinny caramel macchiato because I can't figure out how to syn/HEA it.

Neither am I/ For a caramel macchiato I think they put in 2 vanilla shots, though I ask them to use the sugar free syrup. Is sugar free syrup free at the Bucks? This is why I have avoided them :-(

I fear Christmas and have nightmares about Gingerbread Lattes coming and getting me whilst I sleep.

Made with sugar free vanilla syrup, it would be free. If you get carmel syrup over the top it looks like it'd be 1 syn. (Starbucks website lists carmel topping as 4g=15 cals. I'm assuming they must use approx 4g).

Hi Stacey, thanks for this. I have a tall skinny capp every morning and count it as my HexA - it looks like I am not having enough. Perhaps I ought to start having a larger one too! Tracy

Starbucks Flavoured Syrup, per shot per pump

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Syns on Extra Easy Original 1 Syns Green 1 Syns[/FONT]

Starbucks Flavoured Syrup, Sugar Free, per shot per pump

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0 Syn on Extra Easy Original Free Green Free [/FONT]

[/FONT]​

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

thats cool - i use the sugar full syrups at home and counted a blob as 2 syns - so i think thats about correct :D xxx

Starbucks/ Costa use 30ml syrup in a small size, more the bigger you go, but sugar fee ones are free, also you're better off having a cappuccino than a latte as there's less milk in it and more coffee for those who like it stronger. Also dont forget the milk settles and separates from when it's first made, I always make mine out of my 300ml skimmed milk and thats only enough for a small one.

I have a starbucks every day I work (3 days a week) and always have a venti, 5 shot, sugar free vanilla, skinny, extra hot latte.

With the 5 shots (3 extra) and the syrup, it comes in at precisely 350 ml, so my HEXA (skimmed milk).

It lasts me all day at work (I like it cold as well as hot) and means I don't feel deprived.

The best bit, though, because I have a starbucks card, and have registered it online, means I save £1.10 per day, as all the extra shots and syrup come free ;)

I work in costa and know 300ml skimmed milk only just makes a small... you triple the size of milk you put into cappuccinos and lattes so when it settles it will seem as though you can have more if that makes sense?!

Starbucks Caffe Latte, Skimmed Milk 1 venti[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

extraeasy.gif
8 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I know the book says 8, but Diane (the manageress of my "local" 'Bucks) and I measured it one day - 5 shots of coffee (ie standard 2 plus 3 extra) plus syrup (sugar free) plus 350ml skimmed milk is right to the top of a venti cup.

It's why I changed from 4 shots of coffee to 5!

I presume if you just have the "standard" two shots in a venti, and don't count the milk as your HEXA, then it would be 8 syns.

Back