Free foods that have changed your life!

ms brightside

Hi all

I was wondering what to write in my thread ... when suddenlt i started thinking about the different foods ive actually begun eating because i know i can have them as free foods with ww.

If anyone has any examples of food they have started eating due to ww then it would be great to hear from ya. Mine is mustard!?!? lol i know a bit odd but i never even considered it before but its a free food and can be used with so many things i love it now lol

mines not free but its certainly low points. its cheese triangles i never used to eat them now i eat them ALL the time!

Mine is musard too!!!!! :D yay!
I use it in everything, in recipes, and i mix it with very low fat mayo and it makes it taste awesome with chicken!

egg whites!!!! if im hungry at night ill make an egg white omlette and mushrooms or peppers or somethin with no cal spray(somethin else i would never have used how i miss olive oil!!)
veggies too!!! ill throw a stock cube and water in with mushrooms or leeks or whatever i fancy then when theyre cooked iwhiz them in blender with 4 light laughin cow cheese triangles usually get two big bowls of soup at 1 point each so so so tasty and the cheese makes it lovely and creamy :)
oh and pepper, im pepperin and garlicin every chicken and turkey i eat for a bit of flavour ha ha :)

Thanks everyone thats great to hear!! I need to look at how ww is adding to my foody repetoire rather than taking away from it lol

Was happy to find a ww sarnie today which is only 3.5 points :)

you can actually buy bottled egg whites now.... order online

oooh thats just reminded me actually thank you 'wantmybikinibody'!

ordering food online is a great way of getting a wider range of ww food. i ordered my shopping online from asda ... just typed ww into the search bar and it came up with loadsa varieties of food i hadnt seen in the shops. tried a ww pizza the other day only 3.5 points which i had with salad yum!

Something I snack on alot now is Snack a Jacks lightly salted popcorn, it's only 0.5points per bag and I often sprinkle sweetener on it too. I would never of tried this if it wasn't for Weight Watchers.

I also snack on sweet pickled onions as they are 0points.

Ive noticed people talk about 10cal soup being 0points, does anyone know where I can get this from?

Oh yeah and Talking about WW food, my local store of Rainbow(also Co-op I think) sell chilled Weight Watchers salads. They are in the sandwich section of the fridges. They do a Tuna Pasta one that is 3.5points, but I haven't tried that one yet. But one I have tried is WW Mexican Chicken Pasta Salad at 4.5points per pack (I think that's what it's called, but you get the idea). It is lovely. You get a serving of fresh rocket, a serving of soured cream, lots of chicken breast and pasta in a smoky mexican sauce with kidney beans. It's the best chilled salad I've ever tasted and doesn't taste low fat at all!

I also now use alot more herbs and spices to liven things up and my favourite at the mo is Garlic Salt, I put it on everything!!! lol

Great thread Ms brightside!!!!

ooooh lightly salted snack a jacks they sound lurvely may have to bag myself some of those!!

have done well all week but going to a friends house tonight (boys cooking for the girls) and theyre doing a chinese banquet! :S have requested lots of 'free veggies' -- wish me luck!

Not really a specific 'no point food' but I have found roasting veggies the best - they taste yummy with just a bit of frylight and some garlic/herbs/salt/pepper or whatever. Then I just have them with something - like quorn sausages - or mix them into pasta or use them in a curry (ww tikka sauce, yum!) I tend to have a random combination of peppers/butternut squash/tomatoes/red onion/courgette. I'm not sure why I've got so into roasting veggies but I guess they're so easy to do and pretty versatile as well. My fave thing really!

tomato 10 cal soup is amazing, only ever seen it in morrisons though

tomato 10 cal soup is amazing, only ever seen it in morrisons though

Ive got them, i got them in morrisons. All of them just taste like stock cube kinda taste but good if you are desperate. ive tried the tomato, onion and beef +vegetable

i like the saltiness of them! especially with a rice cake dipped in, i'm such a freak lol

Back