***FREE NIBBLES HERE PLEASE***

mechmanuk

johnboy
Hello everyone, ive found your forum and decided to stick around as im gonna try mi luck with this diet (on mi own cus im shy lol)
Anyways Im a bit of a nibbler, i like to stick mi head in the old cupboard at home and see if theres anything to munch on.
Ide be very greatful if people could maybe post here any quick and simple nibbles, snacks and like that are free to munch on during these cold summer evenings lol.

PS. I actually made a chickpea cake lastnight and blimey i was suprised how nice it was, that'll start us off lol. I believe its free.

Hiya and welcome to minimins, don't be shy most of us are nice lol, why not try roasting your chickpeas apparently they are like peanuts then all the best Jax x

What is Chickpea cake ??? Do tell, I'm intregued now. :eek:

I've never met a chickpea that I've liked but I could be presuaded hehe !

Isnt it amazing how the word "cake" changes our perceptions !

1/ 1 can of chickpeas (drained, rinsed & BLENDED)

2/ 3 eggs

3/ 1.5 cups of sweetener

4/ lemon rind & lemon juice

5/ 1 teaspoon of baking powder

6/ 2 tablespoons of lemon curd

mix all ingredients place in small loaf tin and bake for 30-40 minutes at gas 4 180°C

Thanks Nigella, will give that a go when I conjour up the courage to buy the dreaded chickpeas...........evil those things are hehe!

Free snacks.........

* Microwave crisps (green)
* LF supernoodles (green)
* Muller lights (both)
* Pasta N Sauce (green)
* Chopped chicken (red)

The are lots more... I'll have a think!

Yes there is loads and loads you can choose from, if you havent got any books have a look on ebay and buy some so you will have more of an idea, Best one for you to buy is a recent updated syns directory.
Ruthy xx

thankyou for posting and all taken onboard, Hows the microwave crisps work please louise how do i do em?) thanks

Yeh i'm interested too xxx Loobylou

you buy a microwave crisp maker off e-bay!! xxx

yes i posted a thread months back when i found em on ebay! i love em
Ruthy xxx

Sounds good, just bought one off ebay for £3.69 that includes postage, any ideas on flavours would be great. xxx Loobylou:D

Smigget.... If you scroll 9 posts up this thread you'll find the recipe which mechmanuk kindly posted.
Enjoy!

I always use garlic salt on my microwave crisps.
Love it!

Ruthy xxx

Fantastic, crisp maker ordered, ive also bought the latest book as advised. Just hope it all works.

Thanks to all for the advise and please post some more if there any other nibbles to add.

Just adding this in because....

I found this earlier, and thought a few of you would find it interesting, because I know you have these crisp makers.
Q,
when you say.... That free foods used for something else have to be synned...does this mean if i use potatos to make what i thought was syn free crips using the microwave crisp maker....theyre not??

A,
No they're not syn-free. However, syn them and they're only 3½ syns for 28gms which should make quite a few crisps (far fewer than a bag of crisps).
I'm a big believer in moderation in all things, so a few of anything like this is not going to have much effect on your weight, it's when you get to making loads of them and eating them in preference to 'proper' food that the problems begin.

The person who answered this question is a slimming world consultant on another forum.

Last edited:
Wow I thought they were syn free :-(

Back