Free Starbucks Petites

Amy2249

Silver Member
HELP I have been given 2 free petites from Starbucks, a caramel and pecan square and raspberry cake. 1 of them is right next to me.

I am on my own in the office today but work colleague is back tomorrow. I am going to put them in the cupboard and he can eat them tomorrow........ need help and support.

Please tell me how much I do not want them!!!!

:cry:

Throw them away!! I know its wasteful but its better than eating them and will mean you wont be setting there tempted all day x

You DO NOT want them. Starbucks cakes aren't all that anyway!!!
I'm not going in there today as if I'm given it, I will eat it and despite it being a petite I bet it's sin values are not small!
Tbh they will prob be stale by tomorrow - just bin them, they won't taunt you all day then!

Nothing personal Sugarlips but I really HATE that whole "put washing up liquid over it" thing. It is exactly the sort of advice you find on a pro-anorexia site.

If its in the bin, that REALLY should be sufficient reason not to get it back out again. Putting washing up liquid on it is akin to saying "I am so out of control I will eat out of a bin," - and if that is the case, then you should really be looking at getting some proper psychological help with your food issues.

if that is the case, then you should really be looking at getting some help with your food issues.

Surely that's why we're all here, to get help with our food issues?

I'm please for you that you could just throw them in the bin and walk away but maybe others would not be that controlled.

Which is why I said if that is the case, then there is something more serious going on that you need to get proper help with. We are just people trying to lose weight, we are not therapists or psychologists that can deal with the deeper root causes of eating disorders. We can share our feelings and experiences, but we cannot fix one another's deeper issues.

Putting it in the bin "should" be sufficient deterrent. You had the control to take it and put it there, why do you need to reinforce the opposite message of lacking self-control further by soaking it in chemicals?

Is a mingy bin not off-putting enough? I assume we are talking about a kitchen bin, as you would get very weird looks if the office waste paper basket was soaked in washing up liquid.

Last edited:
Well each to their own but I don't see it as such a big deal myself.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your support x it is still in the cupboard and I am happy that I can leave it there.
If I did put it in the bin that would be enough to stop me from eating it but I think this has turned into a personal test of willpower; if I can leave it alone while its still edible then thats a massive step for me.

Thanks again x

Well each to their own but I don't see it as such a big deal myself.

Maybe you dont. I do. I think its an awful message to be giving yourself. If you actually go back to that bin, take the food out and eat it, then you are giving yourself the same message "I am so lacking in self-control that I will eat out of a bin". To truly take control of what food you are taking in, you need to positively reinforce the choices you make not to eat things. Not absolve the responsibility by throwing stuff over it that makes it inedible.

Food is not your enemy - you have to have a healthy attitude towards it in future in order for your weight loss to stick and for you to be able to live without it ruling your life.

Do something positive with food you do not want. Pass it on to someone else/make a choice to put it in the bin, but I think its really important to feel good as a part of that choice, and by dumping the washing up liquid on it, its just reinforcing your own feelings of negativity about food and its control over you, rather than your control over it.

Amy, well done!! Sorry for hijacking your thread!!!

No problem MLM. I think its good to dicuss issues like this as a lot of problems with food are psychological and theses issues need to be dealt with.
CP - I have considered using my syns but I know I will be using them this evening so I will put this on the list of things I can enjoy when I have some spare syns x

well done on resisting, i've got my daughters bday cake in the kitchen, i walk past it everytime i go in there but i am determined i will use my syns in a more controlled way today rather than the fact the cake is just there.
i'm looking forward to a couple of hot choccies tonight and a bit of extra cheese with my tea, yummy!!
we both have some good willpower today eh :) xxx

MLM, not offended at all chick, some people may not have serious issues with food but need the extra reassurance for now that it is definately not edible. Not a permanant solution, I won't be doing it forever, people sometimes have to develop that healthy relationship with food. Just hope we all helped Amy2249!

I'd say to some extent we have all have some sort of disordered eating. I mean how many people who have been slim all their lives have sat there and eaten til they feel sick, or feel guilty when eating and hide themselves away? I'd say the washing up liquid thing can help some people not to stop them eating the food from the bin but as a sort of up yours to the power food sometimes have over us.

Having said that starbucks is a bit evil. Im sure at least 2 stone of my 7stone weight gain was due to the chocolate cheesecake that they used to sell. I used to walk all the way to town to get a slice, good exercise I hear you say? Well yes until I would buy myself two slices just to make it worthwhile!

shardi2209 said:
I'd say to some extent we have all have some sort of disordered eating. I mean how many people who have been slim all their lives have sat there and eaten til they feel sick, or feel guilty when eating and hide themselves away? I'd say the washing up liquid thing can help some people not to stop them eating the food from the bin but as a sort of up yours to the power food sometimes have over us.

And how precisely does that help someone with disordered eating reconcile their disorder? It is not the foods fault that we ate it! The food is an inanimate object incapable of anything other than existing. It is how we interact with that food that determines our relationship with it. We make the choice to eat it, the food does not decide for us.

Getting angry with the food or exacting revenge on it does nothing other than absolve us from the responsibility of having made the choice to eat it in the first place. It didn't make us do it, it is neither our enemy nor our friend. It is something we should be able to enjoy, but ultimately its purpose is that of fuel. Without it we would die. We cannot avoid it forever, we will have to make responsible choices in what we do with it or we will affect our health.

I can understand the other side of this, but I can't in good faith condone it or encourage it.

Back