Free To Be Me?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MissUno, 28 January 2011 Social URL.

1. MissUno

MissUno World Class Oddball

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey all, I found this forum via an Android app I installed and decided to join it properly on this old interwebs.

I joined Slimming World last week, my emotional eating habits have caused lots of weight gain in the last few months, adding to the depression and thus a vicious cycle of self loathing and comfort food.

As well as joining Slimming World I've been referred by a counsellor to an eating disorders service to deal with the psychological aspects of it all. I thought I would join this forum, because there is no such thing as too much support, and I figure we're all in the same boat, so there wont be any harsh judgements.

I'm happy to say I lost 8lbs in my first week on the Green/Extra Easy plan and hope to lose at least 4lbs on my next weigh-in.

I look forward to getting to know people here as we all continue on our journey to a new healthier and happier self :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. skinnydawn

skinnydawn Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(13.5%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi, and welcome to the site xx. It's really great fun here, loads of people to chat to, free advice, useful tips, games...
    Wow...well done on your first WI, that's a fabulous start. I love SW, so easy to do and fits in with normal life. My son joined a couple of weeks ago and lost 3 1l2 lbs tonight and got slimmer of the week. On the way home he said he couldn't understand it cos he hadn't really been dieting! I had to explain to him that he HAD been dieting...its just that its so simple to do he hadn't noticed!
    It sounds as though u hav some gd support around u, and u will find lots more here.
    Good luck with your weight loss journey, look forward to following how u get on xx

4. MissUno

MissUno World Class Oddball

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the warm welcome dawn :) a fellow SW'er. I agree, I can't believe that I lost half a stone in a week without having to resort to starvation. When they told me I went into a thrilled state of shock, and to have my first sticker/certificate already is a real morale boost to keep going.

Looks like you're at the beginning of your journey too (joined SW 3 weeks ago I assume?) So I wish you well with it all, you're going great so far! x

5. slimmermcs2012

slimmermcs2012 Full Member

Current Weight:
    22st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    Good luck with your weightloss journey :)

6. jms

jms Member

Wow that's an amazing loss well done.good luck with the rest of your journey and determination and help from the rest of us friends will help you as well x julia

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW

Irene xx

8. skinnydawn

skinnydawn Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(13.5%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks hon xx Yeah I've only been doing sw for 3 weeks (this time!) but its going brilliantly so far...11lbs off already. I sometimes think its not possible to eat so much and lose weight but its working!
    Keep in touch and good luck xx

9. *joanne*

*joanne* Joanne Brown

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.69%)
    Diet:
    CC veggie
    Hi and welcome to the forum good luck with your diet

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.