Free To Be Me?

MissUno

World Class Oddball
Hey all, I found this forum via an Android app I installed and decided to join it properly on this old interwebs.

I joined Slimming World last week, my emotional eating habits have caused lots of weight gain in the last few months, adding to the depression and thus a vicious cycle of self loathing and comfort food.

As well as joining Slimming World I've been referred by a counsellor to an eating disorders service to deal with the psychological aspects of it all. I thought I would join this forum, because there is no such thing as too much support, and I figure we're all in the same boat, so there wont be any harsh judgements.

I'm happy to say I lost 8lbs in my first week on the Green/Extra Easy plan and hope to lose at least 4lbs on my next weigh-in.

I look forward to getting to know people here as we all continue on our journey to a new healthier and happier self :)

Hi, and welcome to the site xx. It's really great fun here, loads of people to chat to, free advice, useful tips, games...
Wow...well done on your first WI, that's a fabulous start. I love SW, so easy to do and fits in with normal life. My son joined a couple of weeks ago and lost 3 1l2 lbs tonight and got slimmer of the week. On the way home he said he couldn't understand it cos he hadn't really been dieting! I had to explain to him that he HAD been dieting...its just that its so simple to do he hadn't noticed!
It sounds as though u hav some gd support around u, and u will find lots more here.
Good luck with your weight loss journey, look forward to following how u get on xx

Thanks for the warm welcome dawn :) a fellow SW'er. I agree, I can't believe that I lost half a stone in a week without having to resort to starvation. When they told me I went into a thrilled state of shock, and to have my first sticker/certificate already is a real morale boost to keep going.

Looks like you're at the beginning of your journey too (joined SW 3 weeks ago I assume?) So I wish you well with it all, you're going great so far! x

MissUno said:
Hey all, I found this forum via an Android app I installed and decided to join it properly on this old interwebs.

I joined Slimming World last week, my emotional eating habits have caused lots of weight gain in the last few months, adding to the depression and thus a vicious cycle of self loathing and comfort food.

As well as joining Slimming World I've been referred by a counsellor to an eating disorders service to deal with the psychological aspects of it all. I thought I would join this forum, because there is no such thing as too much support, and I figure we're all in the same boat, so there wont be any harsh judgements.

I'm happy to say I lost 8lbs in my first week on the Green/Extra Easy plan and hope to lose at least 4lbs on my next weigh-in.

I look forward to getting to know people here as we all continue on our journey to a new healthier and happier self :)

Wow that's an amazing loss well done.good luck with the rest of your journey and determination and help from the rest of us friends will help you as well x julia

Thanks for the warm welcome dawn :) a fellow SW'er. I agree, I can't believe that I lost half a stone in a week without having to resort to starvation. When they told me I went into a thrilled state of shock, and to have my first sticker/certificate already is a real morale boost to keep going.

Looks like you're at the beginning of your journey too (joined SW 3 weeks ago I assume?) So I wish you well with it all, you're going great so far! x

Thanks hon xx Yeah I've only been doing sw for 3 weeks (this time!) but its going brilliantly so far...11lbs off already. I sometimes think its not possible to eat so much and lose weight but its working!
Keep in touch and good luck xx

Back