Fresh start - again!

Jade_

Hello all, I've recently decided to give slimming world another go! I reached my target weight when I was around 17. When our consultant changed, I stopped going to classes and slowly over the next 3 year piled on more and more weight (more than I weighed when I originally started). I work part time in a fast food place, which isn't good for my weight!

I have now decided that enough is enough and I want to slim down again. I weighed myself about 2 weeks and discovered I was 14st :eek: I knew I had put on weight but I didn't realize it was that much. So I was really strict with myself for a week and the next time I weighed myself I was 13st2lb. I think I probably weighed myself incorrectly the first time, as I've never lost so much in the first week before. Normally its about 6/7lb in the first week. But either way, yay! Really please with myself, and this week has been really good too. One of the things that's really helped me is mini quiches! I've been taking them to uni with me instead of sandwhiches (I always think sarnies are a bit naff when doing SW, due to the lack of marg etc) and they've been really filling.

I'm not going to the classes at the moment as I can't really afford them, but I think if I'm struggling in the new year I might go then.

Thanks for reading my very rambly post!

Sending positive vibes to all my fellow slimmers! We can do this! :D

x

Hi jade! Welcome to the forum. I found myself in a very similar position to you, got to my goal weight at about 17 when I lost 3 stone (without even trying!!) and then put it all back on over the year, plus wayyyy more. Luckily you decided to do something about your weight far before I did - smart move!

Amazing well done on your first week, that's really impressive. :) and doing it at uni too - kudos!

Thank you! Doing it at uni isn't too bad, just means I've been turning down lots of drinking and avoiding study-snacking (which is probably harder than avoiding the drinking haha) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well doneeee!! Great work :)

Maintained this week. I'm a bit disappointed but I think its because of a lack of exercise, water and speed food this week so will keep that in mind for next week! xx

-1 this week, very pleased! not been on plan over the weekend so happy about that. I stayed at my mums and she didn't have a lot of food s/w friendly food in, and to top it off I've got the worst cold ever. Not going to let it knock me off track this week tho!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Been off plan all week, personal circumstances got in the way and dieting was not at the front of my mind! :( But somehow managed to maintain (?!) I won't be surprised if I have a gain next week, but we'll see! Back on plan this week

Good luck! Getting back on track is always the hardest. You have done soooo well though so you should be really proud!

Back