From streaky bacon to lean rasher!

I got the recipe from Esource. I'll go find it and copy it for you ...

Ingredients
clip_image002.gif

ProPoints® Value: 8
Servings:
Preparation Time:
5 min
Cooking Time:
40 min
Level of Difficulty:
Moderate
1 medium Peppers, All Types, de-seeded and sliced
120 g Cauliflower, Raw, or broccoli, broken into small florets
450 ml Milk, Skimmed
3 tablespoons (level) Cornflour
90 g Cheese, Cheddar, Half Fat, grated
Instructions
· Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F.
· Cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water for about 10 minutes, until just tender. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water for 3-4 minutes; drain well.
· While the macaroni and vegetables are cooking, put the milk and cornflour in a saucepan and stir until blended. Heat, stirring constantly with a small wire whisk or wooden spoon, until thickened and smooth. Remove from the heat and add most of the cheese, stirring until it melts. Season with salt and pepper.
· Drain the macaroni and add the cheese sauce, stirring well. Add the vegetables and stir well again. Transfer to a shallow ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese melts and turns golden brown.

By convenience food I mean like a tin of soup or a micro meal. I have discovered that fast food flares up my IBS something chronic so unless a complete emergency I'm going to have to avoid it, which is both a blessing and a curse at the same time :)

I want him!!
He's gorgeous :)

I am sure you will be back on track now the festivities are over. Must be healthier for you having the soup v the fast food so altho a bit more hassle well worth it x

Dinner last night was utter poo and another billion points no doubt. I hold my father and husband entirely responsible for having me running around like a blue bummed fly at a minutes notice!

2lb gain this week, was expecting that so all well and good. No more distractions until the end of April so fingers crossed I'll be able to give this a good run. This weeks menu is yum so I'm looking forward to meal times instead of dreading them yay!

Friday 24th Feb - 2PP 1/4 pint s/skim milk

B - 4PP
Raspberry, apple and raisin alpen porridge (yumerooo) <made with mostly water and a good splash of milk from allowance>

L - 5PP
homemade butternut soup (1)
sandwich made with 1 slice bread (1)
slice of ham (1)
tomatoes (0)
cucumber (0)
tsp e/l mayo (0)
WW caramel wafer (2)

D - 17PP
Spag Bol (8 for the sauce 3 for the pasta)
WW garlic petite pan (5)
apple crisps (1) <I can neither confirm nor deny if I pinched little Ben's treats ...>

Snacks - 4PP
Malteser bunny wabbit (4)
Monster munch (3)

Daily's used - 26/26
Weeklies used - 9/49

Weeklies remaining - 40/49

Last edited:
:wavey: Morning Little Piggy x :wavey:

Sorry about the gain, but I'd have probably gained a stone, with all those beautiful cup cakes around:eek:

Ben is an absolutey handsome happy little chap, no wonder you have been so emotional this week xxxx

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
whole recipe = 4PP

1 butternut diced (I'm lazy and leave the skin on, nice bit of roughage for the digestion process)
1 large onion diced
1 large carrot chopped (my carrot was huge so I only used 1)
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 veg stock pot dissolved in 1 pint water
1 chicken stock pot dissolved in 1 pint water
1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
1/4tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion granules
1/2 tsp knorr aromat
Pepper

Fry the onions and garlic in some frylight until soft
Add all the other veg, then stock, then all seasoning except pepper.
Bring to boil then simmer for approx 30-40mins until veg is soft.
Add a good grinding of pepper
blitz and serve

:drool:

I certainly do know why i gained
:17729::whistle::sign0007:

Hubby is now dying of the plague so I shall be running around after 4 today hence the hurried breakfast.

Saturday 25th feb - 2PP 1/3pint s/skim

B-6PP
banana (0)
4 fruit and fibre Belvita <surprisingly filling>

cup of tea

L - 4PP
homemade butternut soup (1)
2 slices ww brown (2) <not buying this again as it's crap! I need me some real bread.>
1 slice ham (1)
e/l mayo

D - 13PP
beef and mushroom stroganoff (6)
Pasta <twonk me forgot to buy rice> (6)
I'm deducting 2 points because I didn't eat all of it as it was pretty ming. I think I left about 1/3 of it but to be safe I'll only take off 2PP. It is a recipe I shall not be attempting again! We'll say 10PP for the main dinner.
150g 2% greek yog (3)
sweetner (0)
chopped strawberries (0)

Snacks
pear
WW caramel wafer (2)
approx 10g mini marshmallows (1)

Daily's used- 26/26
Weeklies used- 2/49

Weeklies remaining- 38/49

Last edited:
OO thanks Andi! I saw it in Asda on Thursday but it had gone back up to full price. I had to be miserly this week so left it but I shall be treating myself to it next time I'm shopping :)

:wavey: Morning :hug99:

Hope the tribe are getting better, and not running you ragged, particularly the big one!;)

Lynne, he is feeling very sorry for himself! I can't blame him though as I felt hideous when I had it. My fabulous MIL has taken the girls today so they're away until 6pm. Ben is having a kip right now and hubbles has been placated with a costa coffee and a cinnamon bun. Fingers crossed I can get an hour of peace to catch up with my crochet orders!

Last night was a bit of a disaster. Hubbles and I watched a couple of movies in bed and before I knew it I had eaten my way through 15PP worth of utter crap :sign0007: Going to have to reign it in for the rest of week now and try to control myself. I blame the husband, I'm sure he's a feeder!

New totals are

23/49 weeklies remaining.

Last edited:
Sunday 26th feb

B - 2PP
small skinny latte from costa (2)

L - 6PP
Asda wholemeal pitta (4)
1/3 tin tuna in spring water (1)
2 tbsp reduced fat coleslaw (1)
tomatoes
cucumber
onion
salad leaves
strawberries

Dinner

Snacks - 1PP
1/2 sachet options choc brownie <a whole sachet is too chocolatey for me :eek: did I just say something was too chocolatey?!?!will have the other half later> (1)

Daily's used - /26
weeklies used - /49

weeklies remaining 23/49

Attachments

• pitta.JPG
    pitta.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Just came across your diary, you are doing so well considering you have your hands full with a beautiful brood!

Birthdays and sickness to compete with and Only a tiny gain. You still make the time to get organised, look after everyone and do work! Supermum is what you are, make sure you mind yourself too.

Aww bless you Kimbo but I feel like a total fraud now. All was going swimmingly with todays food until 4pm when I remembered that Ben has his big hospital appt tomorrow. I have been a nervous wreck and have eaten all the rest of my weeklies :cry: actually I'm -1 :cry: :cry: I so wish I didn't have an emotional connection to food :sigh: :mad: or even better, wish I knew how to break the habbit!

I am going to try my hardest to sort myself out and stick to low point healthy foods for the rest of the week. I think I also need to make my breakfast and lunch bigger to stop me feeling the need to snack. A kick up the derrier would also be handy as I'm being a twonk and self sabbotaging :break_diet:

Aww bless you Kimbo but I feel like a total fraud now. All was going swimmingly with todays food until 4pm when I remembered that Ben has his big hospital appt tomorrow. I have been a nervous wreck and have eaten all the rest of my weeklies :cry: actually I'm -1 :cry: :cry: I so wish I didn't have an emotional connection to food :sigh: :mad: or even better, wish I knew how to break the habbit!

I am going to try my hardest to sort myself out and stick to low point healthy foods for the rest of the week. I think I also need to make my breakfast and lunch bigger to stop me feeling the need to snack. A kick up the derrier would also be handy as I'm being a twonk and self sabbotaging :break_diet:

Kick!!!!!!!!
tomorrow is a new day, habbits are so hard to break i understand that one all too well.
im also very self sabbotaging, it drives me up the wall. I let one bad day ruin a week:mad: and i sure as hell know im doing it too!!!

remember why you want this, its for you and the lil ones :family2:. when children are concerned we feel so powerless but from reading your diary they are the most important people in your life.

I hope all goes well tomorrow for the lil man and im sure it will. weeklies are there to be eaten and im sure you do enough running around to gain at least 1 ap to bring it back to 0 ;)

:hug99: Morning Little Piggy x:hug99:

I would give you the :asskick:, but I really don't think I want to, as I would rather give you a :bighug:

You had a tough day yesterday with the gorgeous little fella, and who can blame you for overindulging, particularly as you have been having a hard time between you and the tribe being unwell.

Today is a new day, and just write off what you have done in the last couple of days, and start afresh xxxx

Hello fellow pig.

Hope you're doing OK? x

Back