Fry light taste?

anengineer

Hi, I signed up to my local SW class last Monday so I'm new to all this stuff! I have a question regarding Fry light sunflower spray.... yesterday I made scrambled eggs for breakfast and used Fry light instead of my usual butter. The eggs were inedible - there was a horrible overpowering chemical taste to them, so they went in the bin.

This morning I made an omelette, again using Fry light and again the chemical taste was there. Less, but still there.

I've just made another one using different eggs, a different utensil and olive-oil spread instead of Fry light and it was fine.

Has anyone else noticed odd flavours using this stuff? It could have been a bad batch of eggs possibly.. ?

Are there any free/zero syn oils or spray alternatives. Would lightly brushing a pan with sunflower oil instead work as well, as far as slimming is concerned ?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Kev.

I use the olive oil fry light spray for everything and I think my food still tastes pretty good. Could be that the sunflower one isn't too great. You can also use that filippo berio olive oil spray, 7 sprays for 1/2 a syn. 1/2 syn isn't too much and it gives a lovely flavour when cooking. Hope that's helpful!

I've used both the sunflower oil and the butter taste for eggs and they're fine. No chemical taste, but it's NOT as good as frying in butter. Just a matter of getting used to it maybe. Are you using non-stick pans?

I use fry light and i have had no problems with it at all but i also have a non stick pan which is great so i dont need to use any fry light or anything else to cook my eggs or anyother food with.

I must admit I use normal oil in a sprayer as I just think it's a healthier way & no added chemicals. I don't syn it though as I do use very sparingly.

I never get a strange after taste so I'm not sure, I never cooked anything in butter before though so maybe it's just a case of getting used to it? You might prefer the olive oil one x

Back