Extra Easy Syn Free Cheeseburger

upndown

Gold Member
Syn Free Cheese Burger - 4 x HEAs - 3 or 4 Servings

Ingredients (I've adjusted these from the original recipe cos I found some of the ingredients were too bland for my taste - adjust as you see fit & use other herbs/seasoning if preferred)

• 350g extra lean beef mince (I used 500g mince as that's what I had in)
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 beef stock cube
  • 1 cup (240ml) of crushed tomatoes or passata
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsps paprika
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • salt and black pepper
  • 2 tblsps Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cup (240ml) of fat-free cottage cheese
  • 3 large eggs
  • 120g (4oz) of reduced fat cheddar cheese (3 HEA’s)
  • spray oil
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
  2. In a large bowl, add the beef mince, sea salt and crumbled beef stock cube and mix together to combine.
  3. Grease a 24mm quiche dish (or equivalent) with some spray oil and add the meat mixture to the dish, flatten down well so it covers the bottom of the dish in a thin layer. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 mins until lightly browned. The meat mixture will shrink on the base when cooked, but that's fine, as you'll be covering it with more layers. Mop up any excess juices that are released with some kitchen towel, then check if further seasoning is required. Set aside.
  4. Spray a frying pan with some spray oil, add the onions and fry until softened.
  5. Mix the crushed tomatoes (or passata), garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl then pour over the mince layer, then add the softened onions. Next time I might mix the onions with the mince for more flavour.
  6. Add the cottage cheese, eggs and a 1/3 of the cheddar into a blender and blend until smooth then pour this mixture over the tomato layer, then sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the mixture.
  7. Then place back in the oven and bake until mixture is set and cheese is melted and lightly golden on top (approx 30 mins)
  8. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it - I've just read thro the recipe I posted again and adjusted a few things - reviews on the original recipe mentioned it was bland so I adjusted the seasoning, herbs plus I mixed an beef stock cube with the raw mince.

Here's the original recipe if you'd like to read it - http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/cheeseburger-quiche

Last edited:
Back