Gain on EE

Hiya,

I'me new and so glad I found you. My name is Alex and I rejoined SW two weeks ago. I have my second weigh in on Wednesday and I am hoping that it goes better than my first. I gained 2lbs on EE, I was devastated!

I joined 3 years ago and lost 5 stone, so I know SW works. I have just had a baby (6 months) and now I have about 1.5 stone to go. I love SW and though EE would be great as its easier when cooking for the family. But after following it to the letter, keeping food diaries and even emailing my consultant daily to let her know what I had eaten imagine my horror to actually gain!

If I don't lose this week my consultant says I can have all my money back! She thinks my body just needs time to adjust but nothing like that ever happened when I did green and red. I lost each week, it just fell off!

Hiya and thanks!!

I am doing all but one of those and it just dawned on me. My snacks are usually a muller light yougurt with a Ryvita from my HE. Do you think that could have done it?

can you copy your food diarys to here there is a section for them look at the links at the top of the sw page then post a direct link here we can look and see if we can spot anything

no the muller light will not be the problem, are you having extra hex due to breastfeeding?

Don't have the diaries anymore I'm afraid.

Nope no extra HE. I am lost totally. I really wanted to stick with EE. I have 1/3 SF and I can easily go over 2/3 with free foods. My consultant says that that is OK as long as I still get the 1/3????

you said you emailed your consultant daily can you look in your sent emails and copy what you told her it is very hard to help without knowing the meals.

also you say you can easily go over your 2/3 free that seems odd as it a balance if you are eating more than 2/3 free then the plan is off as the idea is you must have 1/3 super free so divide your plate in 3 you must fill 1 section sf and 2 sections free or sf syns go on the side. you could have 2/3 sf 1/3 free or all sf but never more than 2/3 free

Busy Mam,

I thought the same. More than 2/3 didn't seem right but I asked my consultant many many times and she said it was fine. This may have been the cause!

Right, it wasn't actually a list of meals just want I ate in a list, again she said it looked fine and I did give her my had written diary also which she Ok'ed.
New Potatoes
Salmon
Chicken breast
Red/Green peppers
Canned Tomatoes
Onions
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Celery
Rice, plain boiled
Uncle Ben's Rice (2.0)
Choc Digestives (4.0)
Custard Creams (3.0)
(HE) 28G Ready Brek and 1 Ryvita Original 175ml whole milk
Muller Light Yoghurt (Free Kind)
Bananas
Apples
Light Philli (2.0)
Kind Prawns
Beef stock, concentrate
Eggs
Fry Light

How many syns are you having a day? You need to be having between 5 and 15 each day at the beginning - not saving them up and considering it as a total for the week - to guarantee a loss... Could that be it?

right I think its the balance between free and s/f

I would try the online diary and enter your meals you need to see that
a the syns are right
b the quantities are right by volume think measuring cups 1 cup potatoes 1 cup of qourn needs 1 cup of vegtables

Thanks guys!

I have 10 syns daily sometimes a bit less and these are always for my biccies in the evening when the kids are in bed, LOL

I will give EE one more go for the next 7 days and see how I go.

Last edited:
Are you taking into account that the definition of superfree has changed? It now only includes fruit and non starchy veg. You can't include eggs, cottage cheese etc as superfree anymore although these are still free on all plans.

Back