Gall bladder pain

Angellove

Hi all - I just woke up as have terrible pain under my ribs on my right hand side. I'm sure it's not related to pleurisy I had and recovered from (which was on the left) besides this pain is different as it is sharp.

Well silly me I googled it and your gall bladder is there. I'm sure I read recently this diet cam trigger gall bladder related problems that may already be existing? But I can't check on my phone.

Anyone experienced similar or have any advice would be much appreciated. I have weigh in this afternoon and intend to tell my pharmacist x

Hi all - I just woke up as have terrible pain under my ribs on my right hand side. I'm sure it's not related to pleurisy I had and recovered from (which was on the left) besides this pain is different as it is sharp.

Well silly me I googled it and your gall bladder is there. I'm sure I read recently this diet cam trigger gall bladder related problems that may already be existing? But I can't check on my phone.

Anyone experienced similar or have any advice would be much appreciated. I have weigh in this afternoon and intend to tell my pharmacist x

its not just this diet but any diet in which you lose a large amount of weight quickly.
i had my gall bladder remove a few years ago. symptoms are horrendous pain just under the breasts, so bad infact i used to have to sleep it off; pain on the shoulderblade, i constantly had wind, heartburn, certain foods triggered the problem (and still do even 8 years later) etc etc.

certainly have a word with your chemist and see what he thinks :) its not very nice if youve had an attack so i feel for you if thats what it is

h x

I had similar a few weeks ago so bad in fact I was in hospital but it was totally unexplained but I have had my coil removed as I suspect it was the culprit but I would def talk to pharmacists see what they say x

Thanks for the replies x the pain has gone but I'm keeing a very close eye on it and drinking the required amount of water x done lots of reading up about it so I feel pretty confident now i would know what to look for and what to do x I think the diet could be the reason but who knows might have happened anyway and the health risks of being so fat far outweighed any gall bladder trouble xx thank you to you both for your words x

I have gallstones and that's the right area for the pain. I've vlcd'd several times and that's probably what caused them. Go to your doctor and they will arrange a scan to make sure.
I'm almost 2 weeks into slim and save and haven't had an attack yet, touch wood!, but my triggers are fat and processed meat such as bacon, mince and sausages. The only way to relieve an attack for me is to vomit and the intense pain usually triggers that lol.
But def get it checked out as they will prob do a blood test too and with me that revealed fatty liver. Just like the rest of me then lol.

Back