Gall Stones

Sorry I didnt look at the date!!

I was just seeing if anyone else was suffering xx

its the biggest concern to me about doing LL, so it is good to flag up. Everything else I can cope with about LL, gall stone pain sounds horrific

it is!

I'm suffering terribly today, I'm worried that its spread to pancreaitis as it's excrutiating today....just waiting for OH to come home so he can take me bk to the doctors. nothing's relieving today and cant stop being sick :-(

it is!

I'm suffering terribly today, I'm worried that its spread to pancreaitis as it's excrutiating today....just waiting for OH to come home so he can take me bk to the doctors. nothing's relieving today and cant stop being sick :-(

Cant you get to doctors or A and E? try not too worry too much about pancreatitis it's more likely to be just the gall stones i had what you are describing quite a few times went to A and E and got an injection which was almost instant relief im just waiting on word of surgery now, have you taken any pain killers?

Thanks Petal, well I've been in hospital since I posted the above! Was rushed into the intensive care pain unit and then moved around to different wards, just got home now.

What a bloody week! When I went in Monday I was in absolute agony and they thought my gall bladder had ruptured and that I had pancreaitis. I was fitted up to all these drips and a heart machine and had to have a catheter fitted (ouch!). I've given bloods so many times I feel like a human pin cushion! I havent ate since Saturday - so good news is I've lost over a stone in less than a week! lol! ;-) I dont recommend the gallstone diet tho guys it's not nice!

Originally my liver was registering a category 1 and was failing upon arrival at the hospital and my pancreatic enzymes were blocked in the pancreas by a stone and were attacking the pancreas itself, causing pancreatitis. All very frightening and painful.

They've pumped me full of fluids and antibiotics and I've had every scan that there is....X rays, ultra sounds, MRI's, cat scans and a camera down inside....I'm getting better and my liver and pancreas are repairing themselves but I'm still awfully sore.

My last MRI scan showed the pancreas is no longer blocked by a stone - that it must've passed by itself - so thats why I'm allowed home. The pancreas WAS blocked and the stone has damaged the duct that's why I was hurting so much but its cleared now and the duct should repair itself.

My liver and pancreas were so damaged that the doctors told me drinking any alcohol ever again could be fatal!!

I've got to go back in 4-6 weeks once all my internal swelling has gone down to have my gall bladder removed in surgery. There's 100's of stones in my gallbladder! Not nice.

The surgeon told me he can't promise that this won't repeat itself in the 4-6 weeks I'm waiting to go in as there's still stones there, but by following a low-to-no fat diet this should help.

He warned me not to go bk on the Cambridge Diet until after surgery because the Cambridge Diet puts a strain on the liver and kidneys during ketosis and he said my body wont be able to take the strain at the moment and also when I want to come off it again my body probably would never adjust to eating normal foods ever again! So not good news for CD for the time being - but he DID say I could go back on it after gall bladder surgery and once all the swelling/soreness has died down.

Hope you're all well - I'm off to snuggle up in my own bed!
xxxx

oh my goodness - you have beem through it.
hope things go well over the nextfew weeks
daisy x

Gosh that sounds horrible.I have to have surgery to remove my gall bladder too but he won't operate while I'm so overweight and I can't seem to get a straight answer about whether I can do CD or not in order to lose weight(I have a BMI of 51 so lots to lose).

(Edited because I originally posted without reading whole thread, sorry!!)

Sorry to hear everything you've been through. Really hope you start to feel better soon.

im having my gallbladder removed in feb. i still want to carry on after opp with CD but im worried about doing that now ive got 4 stone to loose.

Back