gelletine! how to make jelly with it?

xKimmiex

Silver Member
how do you make jelly with gelletine?, cant spell lol. im freezing a tetra, and want to make some jelly, so how do i do it?:D
Also can u make moose from it? or do i need mam for that? x

hi kimmie,
to make half a litre jelly, pour 450mls cold water into a bowl.
dissolve a sachet of gelatine in half a cup (about 50mls) boiling water and then (when thoroughly dissolved) add to the cold water in the bowl.
add one teaspoon of water flavouring and a few drops of food colouring. put in the fridge for about 2 hours until set.
i have never tried using the gelatine to make mousse to be honest as the setting time is slower than using MAM, but i always make a tetra mousse to put on top of my jelly to make a chocolate trifle.
gl and enjoy :D

I'm so scared of making the jelly, incase it's horrible! Let me know how you get on Kimmie!

how u make tetra moose lol

ruth, if u use the supercook gelatine it is soooo easy to make and is EXACTLY like a normal jelly.
if u have ever tried a rowntrees ready made pot of jelly it is very very similar to that. :D

Oooh! I might give it a go then!

to make a tetra mousse i pour the tetra into a jug, then i swill out the tetra container with a small amount of water (every little helps, lol) and add that. then add a rounded scoop of MAM slowly, blending at the same time to ensure no lumps. i then pour it over my jelly and leave to set for around 10-15 minutes, then i gobble it up like theres no tomorrow. lol

Oooh, I'm going to try that too!

Exactly what I just had! A big bowl yummy jelly, topped with a choc tetra mousse!!! Total bliss!!

Let us know how you get on with making it wont you?

just made jelly with tetra icecream lol was really yummy, but too much flavouring so jelly was sour lol. yum yum

Back