Gemma's Final Countdown

gemma579

Hi Everyone!!

I'm back!!

I started Orlistat over a year ago and have been taking it on and off. About 9 months ago, my doctor took me off it as I was not losing any weight and to be fair I was not 100% into it.

I saw my doctor again about 3 months ago where my weight has risen to 17 Stone (the heaviest I have ever been) and I have started to suffer with acute back pain due to my weight.

We chatted about my options and I explained that I understand that I need to do something now!

He referred me to a weight clinic and I went to my first appointment in January. They explained that I would not be able to have a gastric band due to my BMI. ( My BMI is high but I am only 10 pounds away from falling out of the criteria for a gastric band.

They discharged me back to my doctor because of this.

It has been a few weeks since that appointment and I received a letter from my doctor asking me to come down and see him.

I saw him on Monday and I was in there for over an hour. He told me I don't have many options left. We started to talk about orlistat and I explained I was taking them before albeit off and on. I had some blood tests done just to rule out any reason why I am not losing weight

So basically he has given me a 12 week supply and ask that i follow the diet for 12 weeks and he wants me to lose 2 stone in that time.

If I lose the weight he would be happy to prescribe me more

He did say though if I don't follow it there is nothing else they can do for me and my weight will just rise and rise.

So I have just picked up my tablets and am ready to start tomorrow

I have got 2 weddings to go to this year and would love to buy a dress from the high street instead of from the Internet.

So my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week.

The first wedding is in 18 weeks so I would be so happy if I could lose 3 stone in that time.

☺ xx

Good Luck Gemma. Its so difficult getting started again but you know your health will be better for it. 18 weeks is doable for 3 stone at 2 - 2.5 lbs per week. Sending you good luck vibes xx

Good luck on your journey. Focus on the mini goals in between and you will reach your destination x

Back