General WeMITT Thread - week commencing 23rd April 2007

bakerfa

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend & are ready for a brand new week.

(I fell off the wagon slightly so am damage fixing a bit this week (& continuing down too I hope). There's something about sitting in the garden in bright sunshine that requires me to top up the wineglass!:eek:). BUT I have no prob SSing while at work so 5 days of milkshakes should be easy enough & get me back on track.

Love to all xxx

Morning WeMITTS.
know exactly what you mean about wine & sun.
just have to keep the fizzy water on ice & tell yourself it's just as nice.:cool:

Morning all
Last week was not a good one, diet-wise. I'm due to visit my CDC later today at 5.30 but I've decided I'm just going to pick my supplies up and not get weighed - it's all just too depressing.

Steve still doesn't have a job (although he has two interviews tomorrow) and so we have zero money coming in ... I'm chewing my nails over whether there will be any money to pay the mortgage and bills by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, my summative assignments are piled up for me to do so I'm a total couch potato at the moment with my head constantly in a book and my laptop welded to my knees.

I've been nibbling when I shouldn't ... and frankly most of the time I'm not even ravenously hungry but what's hunger got to do with eating when you're stressed and an emotional eater? Logic says 'just don't do it' but logic flies out the window when you're in 'that' frame of mind.

For me, being on a diet / getting fitter needs my undivided attention and at the moment I'm completely consumed by three other big issues. I've decided to just keep up with my task of holding back the tide and staying under 15st until I finish Uni on May 4th. Hopefully by then Steve will be working and that will be two things out of the way and I can turn my attention to my weight.

Anyway wemitts - hope you're all doing better than me :)

You are being very sensible about this Debbie. And it is very hard to concentrate on yourself and the diet when there are other important things on the go. Don't I know it? I am 8.5 lb down from Tuesday but still have some way to go before I get to my lowest weight of 16 st 3.5 lb. 10 lb in fact. Just off on a caravan holiday this morning to Scarborough and will be back on Friday.
Irene xx

morning all,
well just like Anja i'm doing repairs this week.
i managed 6 days SSing last week & by Saturday morning had lost 5.8 lbs but then blew it all by eating allsorts on Saturday & Sunday - thing is i wasn't really hungry ! Result - Monday weigh in has me at 4.4 lbs loss for the week.
onwards & downwards then
xx:)

Oh Debbie, I wish there was something I could do to help you. Life sometimes throws such sh** at us, it's horrible. I'd be just the same about not getting weighed.
When I started SS ing this time, I knew my clothes were too tight and frankly, I looked a mess, as all my bigger clothes have gone. They fit again now (Day 14 today) so snother week should sort me out.
Why life is dealing such rubbish cards to wonderful people like you and Mrs Tweedy at the moment, is beyond me. I am also upset about Mags (on another thread) whose husband has died in an accident just before returning home from working abroad.
Still, what goes around, comes around, and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so, as my dad always used to say "it won't always be dark at 6"
Love to everyone.
Ann x

Hi weMITTS I had a great weekend, I told hubby to pack his stuff and go, he has been threatening to go for a while so now I have made the choice for him.
He has taken his clothes today and will be staying with mummy until we are both sorted.

Yes I am fine about it, ohhhh ok Im chuffed to bits I am back in control of my life......and it feels great.

Hello Ann.
I have fallen off the wagon but now back on it. I have put back most of the weight that I lost all but 3st. I have joined slimming world now and go for my first weigh in on thursday so I will let you know how it goes on friday.
I was wondering if I could become a wemitt again as im determined to do it this time . I have now moved to boston lincs so I might be able to come to a wemitt meet if thats ok.
Hope everyone is ok and doing well. I dreading my first weigh in but it has to be done..best wishes Tina........

Hi girls, I am so pleased I popped in because I have had a bad week too and now the main CD forums (on their site) are down just when I need the support. I joined OA last week and it was the right thing to do but it brought so many emotions to the front of my mind that it resulted in a 3 day binge. but the good news is I stopped and thought and got back to CD. and only put on 1lb yesterday. of course that was bad enough and had me in tears but I am even more determined now and have had a great day today and know that 1lb gain is already a thing of the past. I just feel like I have let so many people down by having a gain, kwim? I am such a perfectionist. I have a diary on CD forums and have so much to say on it but seeing as how I can't access it I have put it all in a word document ready and waiting. anyway it's made me realise that I do have a OA issue and now I can sort it. thanks for listening, looks like we will all be better girls this week

Hi Everyone,
can't say I am being a good little dieter (or even a good big dieter, tee hee) but I am ok and have enjoyed myself barbeque and wine wise this last weekend. Just don't feel in a depriving frame of mind so rather than beat myself over the head with the guilt stick, I am just being kind to myself, in the knowledge that when my mind is right I will go for it again. Meantime, because I am neither starving or feasting I am doing ok and my weight is staying about the same. So, not all bad eh?

Hope all wemitts have a good week.

love Barbxx

Hi all,
OMG - what a tough time you all seem to be having just now. I almost feel guilty that things are going fine for me (only kidding!). Just remember - things always work out in the end, what's for you won't go past you etc etc etc (my mother is a great source of inspiration - shame she NEVER has any sympathy though!)
Thinking of you all - hope we're all 'brghter' next week lol.
Love n kisses n hugs
Anne-Marie

DAy 16 of sole source for me. I didn't weigh, but I did measure, and have lost
bust -1"
waist -3"
stomach -3"
hips -2"
thigh -1"
upper arm -1"
This diet STILL amazes me, it's incredible the the results you can get in a fortnight!!!!! Going to keep it up until next Monday.
Ann x

wow Ann, that really is amazing. I am so pleased I am properly back on CD again now but the cravings are sooo bad, it is just so difficult right now. But I know that if I take it even just 5 mins at a time I can get through the day and then the week etc etc. I feel like I ma going mad and it's so weird because I never felt like this in the first 12 weeks or so. Mind you talking to friends yesterday and going through the reasons it does all make some sense because there has been so much emotional stuff going on:
- Rachel started childminder 2 weeks ago for 1 day a week
- Last week was my baby Kendi's due date - he would have been 3 now if I had managed to carry him to term
- I started OA last week
- My OU course is suddenly taking loads more time and it's so hard to fit in
- My Mum is in full blown drama queen status right now demanding my support for all her stupid little things and forever asking me if I will go out to lunch with her - HELLO!
oh that's enough. off now to keep busy away from food.

hope everyone else is having a good week

well done Ann .
the final 15lbs is in your sight now

Poor Emma ,you haev a lot going on at hthe moment,you sound v strong staying above it all as far as possible.
I'm sure that.even 2nd time around,the longer yousucceed at ignoring thr food cravings the esier it gets.

please keep it up,

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry for being absent again, and apologies for such a brief post but I just wanted to stick my nose around the door of the wemitts lounge and say hello.

I will try to get back on later and post to all of you individually but in the meantime hope all you wemitts are having a great day.

xx

Hello Mrs T

Back