Getting through my birthday!

kaztims

Hello All,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have lost just over 9 stone on Lighter Life and I am now on management but today is my birthday and I am REALLY scared that I am going to be tempted by naughty food!!!:eek: This time last year was easy because I was ssing so no temptation and nobody tried to tempt me, :) but because everyone can see me eating some food they think I can eat anything and then there is the dreaded alcohol :confused: and to add to my woes it is a bank holiday weekend when I will be celebrating my birthday properly!! :cry:
Any advice greatly received

Love Kaz xxxx

Wow Kaz,
9 stone lost, what a great acheivement, well done :D

Happy birthday for today, hope you have a great one :p

What week of Management are you in? Sure people will understand that you don't want to go mad on the food front on your birthday weekend celebrations, so long as you're enjoying yourself sure they'll be happy and support you :D

Have you had a chat with your counsellor about your concerns? If not maybe give her a call, or if you're seeing her before the weekend have a chat with her about it....

Well done again, any pictures??

I am only on week 3 of management so it is still a novelty eating any food. It is the attitude of everyone else around me that scares me, I just hope I can keep my chatterbox quiet and not use my birthday as an excuse to eat more than I need to!!!! I think I will call my counseller she is always really supportive.
I dont have any photos at the moment still a bit scared of the camera - old habits die hard!!!

Thanks Kaz xxx

Hi Kaz,

Wow, well done on your weight loss. That is truly fantastic.

I think your family and friends should know by now that you're a tough nut to crack. After 8 months or more of saying no to all food I don't think they'll be too disappointed to hear another no from you!

You could let everyone see your management book and explain to them where you're at and how far you've still to go. Perhaps if they understand better what you're doing they'll be less likely to try to force you into anything. Also, explain to them about GI and blood sugar levels. You don't want to suddenly trigger yourself off when you're not able to really sit and think about it.

On week 3 you're still not allowed alcohol and believe me, it is a massive trigger for me. Week 5 and my first alcohol was the first time I went completely mad, and I had to do a fair amount of homework afterwards to sort my head out over that. On top of that I was very, very, very ill the next day! Do you really want that at this stage of your journey?

One last thing, try to keep in mind that whatever you eat my not trigger you to overeat on the day, but could make you really hungry the next day and what might you do then. Before you know it one day could turn into 2 etc. etc. etc.

In a nutshell, although it's a very special occasion you still need to remember that, at the end of the day, it's just another day as far as your body's concerned and it's not going to discriminate.

I hope you find lots of strength for your weekend. This is a great test for showing you how you will have to deal with these occasions for the rest of your slim, gorgeous, healthy life.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and don't forget to have lots of fun! x

Thank you I just need to use the strength that I have used over the last 10 months. I have already been given 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of pink champagne :eek: so I will need to give them to my other half to hide away from me!!
Thanks again
Love Kaz xxx

Hi Kaz,

I am only 5 weeks into LL so can't really offer you advice on the management front, but just wanted to say hope you have a great birthday!

I had my birthday last week on week 4 of management. Fortunately it was on a Wednesday and very low key - just my family. As for going "off-plan" I had one crisp, one potato wedge and a very small slice of cake my son had made! I have to say the cake did set me off on desire for sugary food over the following few days but it has made me more aware of my cravings and has encouraged me back onto the straight and narrow. Now I'm on week 5 I've had my first glass of wine, and as 6stloss said, it's powerful stuff when you've not had any for a while! I was warned so had a very small glass, and I'm glad it was small.

Hope you have a great birthday and well done on the fantastic weight loss:).

Kaz I hope you're having a wonderful birthday.

Can't really advise with the how to cope as I've not been through it but you've done so so well to lose all your weight that your family and friends will probably fully understand you not going overboard on your birthday as you're still getting used to eating again..... there are plenty of slim birthdays in the future years for you :)

Cath

Back