Giving up bread..

emzee_t

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how many people end up giving up bread doing slimming world? I have stopped eating bread over the last couple of weeks and felt much better for it. I think this might have contributed to my weightloss of 11lbs in 2 weeks.

Any one else got a view on this?

Emma :)

I always have a better week when I stay away from the bread stuff. Possibly because I have to think more about what to have instead, not sure.

Cobweb xx

I've done this for lent a couple of times, and the only trouble with giving up bread I think is it's hard to do it long term as a lifestyle change.
I only tend to eat bread in the mornings - just 2 small slices of wholemeal. I've got IBS and I find if I eat breakfast later in the day it really messes my tummy up and makes me very bloated and in pain! But I wouldn't dream of giving up my toast in the morning!!

Yeah must be hard, personally I am not a huge bread fan unless it's on the bottom of a good pizza :p I usually eat bread because it is easy so giving it up doesn't bother me much :)

I hardly ever eat bread when I'm on SW. I'm not a big fan of the WW/Nimble loafs and I'd rather have something else as my HEB's. Also I have a huge soft spot for proper white bread (with real butter...mmm!) so obviously I don't eat this on SW.

I have only been on the diet 2 days but haven't eaten any bread. I feel better for it too as I also suffer from IBS and it does affect my tummy when I eat it. I've got a huge soft spot for a freshly baked crusty loaf so I am trying my best to ignore them in the supermarket!!

I'm just starting my third week , and I haven't eaten any bread at all now I think about it. I havent really missed it, I used to have toast for breakfast but now I have weetabix or a boiled egg.

I must admit I do miss using bread so sandwiches - they are such a quick lunch option when you are in a rush!

Back