gluten and dairy free healthy extras

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Can anyone help with this? only dairy free option is nasty substitute "milk" - what about nasty substitute cheese? :rolleyes:

Also can I have wheat free brown bread as a healthy extra?

you can have most gluten free bread,think it is 2 slice from a 400g loaf. i do know you can have 1 50g ds ciabbatta roll as a HEXB

hello to all on this thread,

I've just found out that I'm wheat intolerant :cry:

I don't know how I'm gonna manage, I just wanna cry....I love bread, pasta and cakes.

I know need to learn do's and don'ts, so if anyone has any advise it would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Jane

There is some good news - wheat free past is yummy :) Tastes the same to me as normal pasta, however you can't really get fresh wheat free pasta that I have found yet! Noodles contain wheat flour, but rice noodles do not, which is good as rice noodles are also yummy.

As for cakes and bread - you can buy wheat free versions and they aren't all bad! I find the cake mixes you can bake yourself preferable to the ready made ones, but thats just me.

Just remember - chocolate is wheat free :)

Hi starlit,

Thanks, I have so much to learn. I'm trying to find out where the info is for healthy extra's.

Boy, this is gonna be hard!! Just when I got used to SW now I have to learn abt wheat free!

Goodbye wheat.....I did love ya but you turned away from me :wave_cry:

My husband is a Coeliac, and has to follow a strict gluten free diet, and there are quite a few gluten and wheat free healthy extras.

Yes, a few ideas might be helpful.

Even the Oat Bran has more wheat than oats in it :sigh:

Back