Gluten Free Living

ChelleFeegan

Not sure if this is the right forum (I wasn't too sure where to put it, so please feel free to move if necessary)

I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease in June, and have taken the last few months to get my head around the fact of what I can/can't eat.

Anyway, I now feel ready to get back on the slimming world train. I am going to try and do it myself first of all, and then if need be, join online again (this worked for me last time). Thankfully, I've not put too much on (about 5lbs) but I am off to America next August and want to get down to a size 12 before I go (then each time I'd have gone I'd have dropped a dress size)

However, I wondered if anyone on the boards also had CD and would be able to offer some pointers? I get GF pasta on prescription, so I know that's a free food that I can have as much or as little as I want off. And vegetables/fruit and meats (although I only eat chicken) is as well. But where I am struggling is my HeB - I used to have Alpen light or HiFi bars which now I can't and am drawing a blank on what I could have a substitute. I am sure there are loads of options...

Also what do people do about syns? KitKats were one of my syns I used to partake in, which now I can't have... and I used to use jar sauces (ssssh it was just for convenience) which a lot of contain wheat/gluten.

Anyway, if anyone can offer any help, suggestions, or even wants to hold my hand as I learn it all again from a CD perspective I would be very grateful

Thanks
Michelle

Hi !!!

I'm not cd but my little girl is she's 5 so we line a mostly gf life at home !!!
There are some gf options that are a heb the full
List is on the website do you have access to Sw online if not I will pm you the list !!

I'm off back to Sw tonight the rejoin I've prob had about a year out to get my head around it a deal with it x
My daughter was also diagnosed with thyroid disease at the same time !!

I'm just heading out to class so will reply more later on

Lisa x

Hi, I've just signed up today. I'm a target member of sw and following wheat/gluten and cow dairy free diet. I loved sw for weight loss. You can eat anything you want for your syns. The app has quite a lot listed too.

On the off chance, I bought a frozen pork loin roasting joint from farmfoods and just noticed it contains starch. Does anyone know if it's gluten free? Doesn't state what kind of starch x

Back