Going back to Slimming world but need to be able to stick to it and enjoy wine!

Bexy402

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have been doing slimming world in and off for about 20 years and always feel great and lose weight well on it to start, but then I begin to doubt myself and start trying other ways of eating e.g. Juicing and smoothies along side SW and then I get confused trying to combine the two, get annoyed with myself for not sticking to it properly and eventually give up on SW as i begin to doubt that it's any good, despite the fact that it was working for me before I started messing with it. Other methods never work, I just keep getting slowly bigger and bigger and now I'm 5 stone overweight and an coming to the conclusion that SW is the only sensible long term way to do it. What I find hardest about SW is the horrible amount of syns on wine as hubby and me ( he also needs to lose 5 stone) have always looked forward to sharing a bottle between us on a Friday and Saturday night and when we stop we feel so deprived of this ritual that we give up and just carry on . Is it possible for us to lose long term whilst still enjoying a weekend drink ? I really need support all round with slimming world as i really need to get our weight under control as it's beginning to impact on our health.

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have been doing slimming world in and off for about 20 years and always feel great and lose weight well on it to start, but then I begin to doubt myself and start trying other ways of eating e.g. Juicing and smoothies along side SW and then I get confused trying to combine the two, get annoyed with myself for not sticking to it properly and eventually give up on SW as i begin to doubt that it's any good, despite the fact that it was working for me before I started messing with it. Other methods never work, I just keep getting slowly bigger and bigger and now I'm 5 stone overweight and an coming to the conclusion that SW is the only sensible long term way to do it. What I find hardest about SW is the horrible amount of syns on wine as hubby and me ( he also needs to lose 5 stone) have always looked forward to sharing a bottle between us on a Friday and Saturday night and when we stop we feel so deprived of this ritual that we give up and just carry on . Is it possible for us to lose long term whilst still enjoying a weekend drink ? I really need support all round with slimming world as i really need to get our weight under control as it's beginning to impact on our health.

welcome and i hope you get all the support you need!

Back