Going back to SW....please help

capricorn76

Hi all,

I have tried slimming world afew times now and always given up after afew weeks. The reason is, that I live just me and my little boy, so I have found it hard to stick to because cooking from scratch for a recipe for 4 people when there is only me that will eat it is a pain. Ive also been really worried about "eating as much pasta as you want"....can you really lose weight eating all this? Believe me, I can eat pasta for England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, lol. I absolutely love the stuff and dont see how I can eat so much and still lose weight. Please can someone advise me on this.....

I joined WW two weeks ago as I thought that would help with my pasta portion control.....omg, th pasta portions were tiny and in my first week I only lost 2 and a half pounds, even though I have aout 7 stone to lose. I dont want to be greedy, but I expcted to lose more than that on my first week. Obviously, I expect to lose about 2 pound a week after a while, but not on week one!!!! I didnt even drink any alcohol and I usually have a drink 3 days a week, so I felt thoroughly cheated as I had been so good!

Anyway, I decided to go back to Slimming World. Im going to go with my mum who is on holiday at the mo, so we are starting when she is back. Our first class will be next Saturday.....please, please could someone who has had success at this, give me abit of advice regarding the portions of pasta etc.

Thanks guys,
Max
xx

Hi all,

I have tried slimming world afew times now and always given up after afew weeks. The reason is, that I live just me and my little boy, so I have found it hard to stick to because cooking from scratch for a recipe for 4 people when there is only me that will eat it is a pain. Ive also been really worried about "eating as much pasta as you want"....can you really lose weight eating all this? Believe me, I can eat pasta for England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, lol. I absolutely love the stuff and dont see how I can eat so much and still lose weight. Please can someone advise me on this.....

I joined WW two weeks ago as I thought that would help with my pasta portion control.....omg, th pasta portions were tiny and in my first week I only lost 2 and a half pounds, even though I have aout 7 stone to lose. I dont want to be greedy, but I expcted to lose more than that on my first week. Obviously, I expect to lose about 2 pound a week after a while, but not on week one!!!! I didnt even drink any alcohol and I usually have a drink 3 days a week, so I felt thoroughly cheated as I had been so good!

Anyway, I decided to go back to Slimming World. Im going to go with my mum who is on holiday at the mo, so we are starting when she is back. Our first class will be next Saturday.....please, please could someone who has had success at this, give me abit of advice regarding the portions of pasta etc.

Thanks guys,
Max
xx

Hi, and welcome to SW :)
Firstly, I can say from experience that SW does the job. You can eat all of these 'free' foods because they fill you up- meaning you are less likely to snack.
Obviously consider the fact that if you just live on pasta and potatoes you probably won't lose weight. SW is all about balance. It's a lifestyle change not a quick fix. It teaches you how to work with healthy ingredients to make meals which don't make you feel deprived, but still allows you to have treats every day to reduce the risk of bingeing.
So you can lots, but just of the right foods- it's a sustainable, balanced diet- it's sensible :)

As I said before, it isn't a quick fix. In terms of weekly weight loss, I would say don't be unrealistic. You saying you were dissapointed with 2.5lbs for your first week is worrying- this diet isn't about drastic weight loss. Of course there are people who do lose up to a stone in their first week- which is great. But try not to be hard on yourself if you don't lose that much. A healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs per week :)

For your pasta portions, make sure you're having enough that you are full, but not eating it for the sake of it. And try to include lots of fruit and veg to bulk out meals and add all the necessary vits and mins.

Hope this helps, and good luck :D XXX

hi, i have quite a few members from ww and they find the extra easy plan is the best one for them because like it says its extra easy and fits in around the family,
staying to IT is the best tool i could offer any member getting the support through the good and the not so good times is the key :)

If your on SW and pasta is your love I would say make sure you have loads and loads of superfree in there too. That way you need less pasta on your plate and you'll want less pasta. I find that when I am properly sticking to plan my stomach shrinks quite rapidly and soon I can't eat anywhere near as much as I could.
So say you had pasta salad, instead of having 2/3 pasta 1/3 salad make it 2/3 salad 1/3 pasta.

And as has been said please don't give up if you only get a small weight loss, even if it is the first week. SW is meant as a healthy lifestyle CHANGE not diet. It is meant to be something sustainable for life not a quick fix. If you want a quick fix there are a huge number of diets you can go on however you can pretty much guarantee you'll put the weight back on as you won't learn how to eat properly and sustainably on them.

You could halve the quantities when you're following the recipes, and maybe save some for lunch the next day - usually loads more interesting than a salad/sandwich/etc and its one less meal to worry about planning??

Back