going on holiday

chrisfromengland

when you go on holiday

how much weight do you expect to put back on.

I am on holiday from Tuesday and in my mind I am thinking I could put on anything up to a stone. I am hoping I am overestimating but at least that way I am preparing myself and know I will have to get straight back on it when I get back to get the week off x

Would like to hear people's experiences, particularly for those that completely come off the diet for their hols x

I went to Florida for 2 weeks back in May and before I went I got it into my head that anything up to 7lbs was fine by me. When I had my first weigh in when I got back I'd put on 5lbs so I was really chuffed.
I think providing you get it into your head that everyone pretty much puts weight on when they're on holiday so it's not the end of the world if you do then you'll be fine hun. Go, have a great time and seriously don't worry about it, it's just not worth it and it will just ruin your break.

I got back from 10 days in Italy early Monday morning and had completely come off the diet. Tried to eat fairly sensibly, ie not binge on everything that came by. I did partake in a fair bit of alcohol though :rolleyes: As soon as I came back I weighed myself and had put on 5.3 kg. Went straight back to SS and weighed myself this morning and have pretty much lost what I put on (weigh in Monday).

Enjoy your holiday, they don't happen every day.

I went to france for 2 weeks, didnt stick too rigidly to the diet, and somehow managed to lose 3lb! god knows how...

If you get back on to SS as soon as you get back, you should shift any weight gain from your hols within a couple of weeks max!

i'm off a week tomorrow for a fortnight to denmark. oh the pastries. i can't eat them in this country any more. and OH's mum makes some fine things too :D

i am thinking half a stone more than likely...

abz xx

I binged the whole holiday so I was dead chuffed at the 5lbs. By my weigh in the following week I'd lost all 5lbs plus an extra 1lb to boot!:D I reall wouldn't worry about it the weigh tends to come off really quickly!

i'm off a week tomorrow for a fortnight to denmark. oh the pastries. i can't eat them in this country any more. and OH's mum makes some fine things too :D

i am thinking half a stone more than likely...

abz xx

Oh Abz, sounds divine! I love pastries so can only imagine how nice they are!

I binged the whole holiday so I was dead chuffed at the 5lbs. By my weigh in the following week I'd lost all 5lbs plus an extra 1lb to boot!:D I reall wouldn't worry about it the weigh tends to come off really quickly!

Wow, really! That's pretty good! Good thing with me is that I have a months supply of SS now so I have 3 weeks after my holiday to lose weight before I see my CDC next! x

Oh Abz, sounds divine! I love pastries so can only imagine how nice they are!

oh they are!! can't wait :D i even have OH's mum getting some ready for when we get there :D hee. i am starting to dream about the stuff... that and the subway sandwich i have decided to get for the journey... well it's either that or BK and i know which one i want to get :D

abz xx

oooh yummy! I think I might have to go ther just to try the pastries!! heehee, Make sure you enjoy them - ooooh I am dribbling now! x

hee, me too. and i think i'm going to go to bed and dream about them now... hope so :D :D hee.

might get my mind of the red wine, although i've had so much water now i'm not sure i could fit any in, ha.

night night guys :D

abz xx

I was 2.5 lbs and i ate a shitload of chocs and crap while i was away so i thought it would be more.

well I would be pleased if it's less than 7lb but I will just have to wait and see. As long as I enjoy it, I don't mind! x

I put on 7lbs in 7 days. I thought I was being pretty sensible too - CD in the day and a reasonably healthy meal in the evening. Did have wine though!

Back