going to see dr tomorrow

rachee29

has anybody got any advise for asking the docs for the xenical and what do you think my chances are for getting it

i did ll this yr and a bit of last year lost just under 10st i have put back on about three stone but dont want to go back on packs felt awful like i was going to faint since ive stopped i have been binging finally got to see a mental health nurse and he has referred me to an eating disorder team but there is a three month weight i need to get my head sorted somehow want to get back onto a low fat etc feel like the xenical might give me the boost and kick up the arse i need i was on xenical before years ago and did ok on it but wasnt really ready timing was off etc etc i want to get myself sorted and i need help to do it
i went and saw a dr about a month ago and was going to ask her for the xenical but she hadnt seen me since id lost the weight so she kept going on about how good i looked slimmer etc etc and i went away without asking for them people dont understand that iam struggling they keep saying that oh you lost ten stone to put back on three is nothing but icant fit any of my clothes iam unhappy at how i look and feel
sorry its so long winded but thats the first time ive 'spoken' about it
my bmi is back up to about 31 i think

If your bmi is as you say now over 30, then your GP might possibly prescribe Xenical.
If I were you, I'd be really honest with the GP, I know its hard hun, but if you don't explain everything, including how putting the weight back on is making you feel, then it's harder for the GP to help you. Explain that you feel that Xenical could be benificial to you while you're waiting on your appointment with the eating disorder team.
Good luck
xxx

hiya rachee!

It must be so hard for you to hear people saying things about your huge weight loss when you are feelin so low! The only advice i can give u is the same as ali! Be open and honest about your feelings! Just by reading the short paragraph you just posted i can see you are oviously destressed about it!

I cant see any reason why they wouldnt pescribe Orlistat to you. You may be required to try an loose a little weight to show u are dedicated to changing your habits.

When i first went to the docs they said no twice to me it was only on the 3rd occasion that my gp gave in and said yes. His excuse was my age, but hey at least he gave them me in the end! It wasnt until the 3rd vist that i really told him my true feelings! I was low, didnt want to leave the house etc!

Let us know how you get on! We would love for you to join our little xenical family!

Love katie
xx

i know this is a bit late, but could you write down what you've written here and give it to your doctor? sometimes it's easier than having to say it out loud, especially when we're a bit nervous and can forget what we've planned to say!

good luck hun! xx

Sorry i missed this post last night.........how did you get on with the doctor?

thanks for the replys doc was really nice but said she is going to speak to the eating disorder team( that iam waiting to see )she didnt want to do anything that they wouldnt like so i have to wait for her to get back to me she was nice but was worried that i was wanting the xenical for a crutch and it was getting to the bottom of my issues i explained that she was probably right but that was why i was waiting to see the eating disorder team and that was going to take 3mths and in the last three months i had already put on 3 stone and was trying to put a stop on the gaining she said it wasnt a no and if they are ok she will leave a script for me

oooh thats good news. im sure the doc will do what is best for you. When will she get back to you?

Just a thought but you could try sticking to the rules while you ar4e waiting for a descison. U know no more tha 15g of fat per 100gs and no more than 15g of fat per meal.

Let us know how you go on hun!

love katie
xxx

Back