Going to WI when you know youve put on?

Please don't make the same mistake I made! I knew I had gained slightly and ended up staying away for 2 weeks! It wasn't until my consultant rang me that I decided to pluck up the courage to go again. I had gained! Only 1.5lb and I KNOW it would have been more if I hadn't reined myself in a few days before WI. I feel so much better for getting it over and done with. Don't forget, we've all been there :) xxx

Good on ya! And good luck!

I'm also facing the music tonight. Haven't been to WI for about 5 weeks due to hol and then illness. I'm not looking forward to it cos I know I've put on, I've been eating rubbish, boredom eating and not exercising through being ill. But finding out what damage I've done will hopefully give me the kick I need to get back on track. My energy levels are improving now, and so is my determination to get to that Target!!!

I have had a bad couple of weeks. Missed last weeks weigh in. It is getting out of control now so I emailed my consultant and she said to come back to meeting and she will weigh me after. So I will probably go now. I feel so pig sick, put on about 6 pounds. Boo hoo.

Well done to you for a positive attitude. We can all do it when the goings good but when it hits the fan, thats when we need the support of groups and friends. Sometimes if we can just ride out a bad day or two, we turn the corner and things aren't half as bleak as we thought, but during those bleak times we should turn to our support system with gusto and try and weather the storm by what ever means we have to hand, and minis are always to hand babes. Good luck with this week.

If you haven't already gone, PLEASE go!
In the past when on SW, if I had a bad week, I stayed away thinking I could make it up and then go the next week, and I didn't and then it became a few weeks and the weight piled on, and I gave up! NOT good,
hence rejoining and starting all over again.
I now go every week unless I am away, and that has only been for 2 weeks, and I lost while I was away anyway.
I am, however, a bad sport and if I put on I find it really hard to stay for class, but mostly I do. However, I always go to weigh in and even a small gain encourages me to continue.
Good luck, you will be fine!

I went to class tonight, even though I was really worried as had a difficult week food/drink wise! Im glad I went, this wasnt my post but thanks for the encouraging comments made on here. My consultant really helped me re-focus tonight as well as other group members!

Not sure I can add to what everyone else has said to be honest hun. Myself, I go to class. It's the only way to limit the damage really because it makes you face up to the gain and keeps you on the right path to fixing it. I think if you don't go the temptation to 'cheat' a bit more can be too great sometimes, especially if your initial gain is because of a stressful time etc.

All you can do is go, face it, speak to your C and carry on. It's normal to feel gutted and guilty, but you MUST draw a line under it and move past it so you can carry on in a good frame of mind.

Hugs xxx

Back