1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Gourmet Burger

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by maypole, 8 February 2010 Social URL.

1. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Slimming World
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sassie

sassie Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I had a quick glimpse and made myself REALLY hungry! :)
  4. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Slimming World
    I know it looks lush
  5. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    Slimming World
    the grilled chicken kebabs for a starter or the olives.

i'm honestly not too sure about the burgers though chick. xx
  6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    If it helps in the slightest- I went to GBK in london in March 2008 and has the most delicious burger ever...................but the photos of this holiday were what made me actually join SW!

Yes, I enjoyed the burger, but being 6 stone lighter is SOOOOOOOO much better!

Enjoy the picture- the choice is yours lol

Attached Files:

7. crystaltips2

crystaltips2 Member

You can definitely do GBK with family and friends, and in fact, make them jealous of your meal after a bit of a chat with the staff!

Ah well, I went for a small Jamaican burger, no bun, with a big old undressed salad and a tiny bit of homeslaw to try. Oh, and grilled halloumi bites to start (shared between 2 of us).

AMAZING. Their burgers are grilled and taste divine without the bun. There salad is fresh and interesting, so I really don't miss the dressing (which I never liked anyway). I got a bit of corn on the cob with no butter to replace the 'slaw I was missing out on. But, the slaw I had tasted so light as it was done in vinaigrette I think I could have gone for more!

Halloumi bites were a bit naughty, but I only had a little and they did them with no oil on for me.

Just a case of asking in GBK. You can get a pretty awesome meal without the guilt. I was lucky to have a lady on the till who had been a Slimming World member so knew how to cut things!

So, if we say:
    Halloumi = 4.5
    Burger and sauce = 10 (I never know what to count burgers as, but the sauce was (apparently) all fresh and just the tiny bit of cooked fruit to worry about)
    Salad = free
    Corn on the cob = free
    Homeslaw = 3.5 (I had about 2 tbsps of homeslaw, so there was no way this much vinaigrette, but to be on the safe side...)

About 17.5 syns for what I think was the yummiest burger I have had in a long time, the nicest salad and great variety on my plate so I never felt left out of the dining experience.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.