GP Programme

So it sounds like this is going through secondary care as opposed to primary care, which would explain why we haven't heard anything yet. I would be interested to hear more, if I PM you my nhs e-mail address would you be able to send me any links?

It's funny (ironic not ha-ha) but my GPs are split on the VLCD debate and I was very lucky I didn't get 'I told you so' from one of them!

Do you know if the clinic is still running at Hope?

Hiya Helen,

Not sure to be honest I can defintely look into it for ya and ask around.

I get it all the time from the hospital as well mostly from friends as they have seen me taking the shakes and I get all the negativity of being on a vlcd or that I am not doing it the hard way! Ya couldnt get it any harder than this. My consultant give me a right telling off the other nite because he said this diet was making me lose my concentration, it doesnt help getting bleeped 24/7 and not having the shakes for a whole night but there ya go!!

I have noticed on the weightogo website that they now have a link on their website with regards to their success within the NHS, weight to go program is a bit like dietchef but to tell you the truth I wasn't really interested in it as there is always a new diet fad coming up now and again and the NHS is always trying to cut down the costs of surgery at all possible. For a time we were told to perscribe Orlistat now ya just have to go into your local Boots chemists and they do a programme on that for people who want to lose weight....its rediculous. I guess in the long run its best for people to try to lose the weight rather than have surgery but for some its just extremley hard and they need the surgery. I will dig out my notes from the conference and email ya the information, for now have a look at this site Weight to Go ! - Success with the NHS

Thanks

On the price issue, a lot of past LTers who live in Ireland have told us that they pay more. Not sure why, it's just the way it is.

As for offering it in local surgeries, some do and some don't. I know that mine doesn't (my GP didn't know a lot about LT until I told her I was on it) but my friend's does and she lives in the same city. It is cheaper to get it from the surgery. If you're curious you can always call your own surgery and see if they offer it.

Yea it is, I think irene or someone else was saying ya can get them in Morrisons or Tescos, I havent checked but once I seen the price I thought hey I aint having anything to do with that!

lmao im going to call my doc on monday too. but since he wouldnt sign form for cd diet i doubt he will, cause he could have offered it to me then

No me and John are only on 2 food packs a day.

I have just phoned around the other chemists in Belfast and the cheapest I can find is 54 pounds. The most expensive was 58 pounds. I think I should maybe call my doctor and see does he offer it.

Its so unfair that we are being ripped off!

Yeah i would do that too. Its a lot of money especially for only 2 packs a day.

I know! Is costing us £110 per week! definitely don't spend that on food! (although count alcohol and fair enough!)

PS. I see you are a Danny Dyer fan! My mate hannah is too, and finally got to meet him last year, she still talks about it all the time!

ur kiddin oh id love to meet him... only ever have in my dreams haha

Im going to call mine on moday too. lt us no how u both get on. do u both have the same doc? Do u drink alcohol on the diet too?

ur kiddin oh id love to meet him... only ever have in my dreams haha

Im going to call mine on moday too. lt us no how u both get on. do u both have the same doc? Do u drink alcohol on the diet too?

God no! I wish would have loved a wee glass of wine last night! No we go to different docs, his doc doesn't offer it though, but if i could find a doc who does i'd join that one!

No me and John are only on 2 food packs a day.

I have just phoned around the other chemists in Belfast and the cheapest I can find is 54 pounds. The most expensive was 58 pounds. I think I should maybe call my doctor and see does he offer it.

Its so unfair that we are being ripped off!

Hi there :) Men can opt to go on the female LT instead if they want. I think it still works out a bit more expensive than us ladies pay because you need to have 4 shakes per day (again not sure because it's been a while since I haunted this forum) but it may still be cheaper than the mens LT. You could try asking Howdy Doody, fattothin or Scazman? xx

Yeah thats what i was thinking too... Have u ever looked in tesco? they have a good range of meal replacement shakes and are under a pound each too.

I don't understand why LT is SO much more expensive in Ireland than over here?

Not a clue

Back