Gracie's 3 month challenge

gracie83

Hi,

My weight has been a problem for too long now. - why three months - the initial start up of weightwatchers on line is three months and I figured I would give it my best shot - three months is not that long.

I have been aware of my PCOS for many years now but only recently has it starting to make me ill. I am nearly 28 but I feel so old, fat, unattractive and ill! I have tried so many different things in the past - diet chef - no change, slimming world - no change, GP diet sessions - no change, 1500 calories a day - no change. Even my wedding preparations - no change! If there was any justice I would be a size 10! Current food intake:

Breakfast: Bowl of Special K original and splash of semi skimmed milk.

Snack - apple.

Lunch - home made salad of mini gem lettuce, baby tomatoes, a handful of grapes a baby bell low fat cheese circle, some chicken/tuna/ham and a yogurt.

Snack (occasionally) if day has been bad some chocolate ie Kitkat.

Dinner - whatever we are cooking chicken/beef roast, curry, spagbol. Very occasionally a takeaway but we have dropped from having one meal each to sharing a single meal between us. (portion sizes at dinner time is something to work on if I am being honest - I do match my husband!)

Exercise is where I fall down but I am fairly active and do go for a 30 min walk whenever the weather/my mood allows!

I just fluctuate around 14 stones. I have been 14 stones for around 8 years now!

I was given metformin by the hospital to try to help but I gave up too soon I think after nearly collapsing at work after a major blood sugar crash and because feeling sick and having to race to the loo after every meal was not my idea of fun! (who would have thought the metformin can turn a salad into such a horrific experience!) However the PCOS is making me to ill now I have to try something again so I am hoping the doctors will give me the slow release version rather than the instant release version!

So hopefully I will get some metformin again (and will stick with it for the three months) plus I am signing up for the three month weight watchers on line program. (I have been to groups before for slimming world - when everyone was loosing pounds each week there I was explaining to everyone why once again I had remained the same weight! - I only lasted 4 sessions) Hopefully having it on line will help me focus - who knows. (I have heard that weight watchers does nothing for PCOSers but hey nothing else has worked either!) Plus I vow to move more - it is summer so no excuses for evening walks, using my neglected Wii fit again and trying not to let hormonal imbalances run my life for me!

I have just been told by my Wii that I am 33.76 BMI or 14 stones 1 pound. It says I need to get to 22 BMI or 9 stones 3 pounds!!! Not really realistic - I just want to try to loose something - even 6 pounds would be fantastic.

Ok off to figure out what Pro Points are.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :)

Many on here are doing WW pro points, so you will find lots of advice and support. I think there is even a PCOS section further down the page, but I may be wrong!

I look forward to chatting with you. sorry for short post, rushing out at the moment.

good luck:)

Ok so took a while to get going but I eventually started weight watchers on Tuesday. So 5 days into week one and my wii says I have lost 2lb and BMI is now 33.27. Weight is now 13.13.

Being hungry is taking some getting used to but apparently it gets easier! Was a major shock to figure out just how many points worth of food I had to refrain from eating! I am not sure I am pointing 100% so I am trying to avoid using the extra weekly points allocated to me to cover any mistakes. (need to weigh my morning cereal - potentially 3 points extra if I am have too large a bowl full!)

Too hungry for any extra exercise so letting that slide for a few weeks.

Last edited:
well done on your weight loss!

It is awful to feel hungry, and as you said it does get easier as your appetite adjusts and your tummy shrinks :)

Try drinking water or brushing your teeth, it can steer off hunger pangs. If you are really hungry, can you not just have a little fruit or some cereal..and adjust your point system for the rest of the day? sorry I don't know the ww rules :)

Other tips for hunger pangs, go for a nice bubble bath, manicure, pampering session, walk, DIY, a wardrobe clearout, a chat on he phone to family or friends, an early night (at appropriate time!!!) start a hobby, read this forum for motivation, look at before and after pics, anything that keeps your hands and mind busy but away from the fridge and cupboards!!!! :)

Good luck!

Ok second week:BMI 32.90 or -3lb.

Rainbowrose - thanks for the ideas of keeping busy - they have been helpful this week!

I have been getting better with the hunger. My biggest challenge was working the evening shift at work. It threw my day so completely off I was starving! Just knowing that during my normal dinner time I would still be at work with another two hours to go before dinner was a killer!

I am gutted though. I had a pair of 18 work trousers which had been skin tight. A few days ago I felt the fabric moving in the breeze! I decided that these would be my measuring change trousers. The next day busy at work, crouched to pick something up and spit the trousers! I mean come on! They didn't split when they were skin tight!! (Maybe though I hadn't been feeling energetic enough before to be moving as much as I was at work!) I didn't want to buy any more size 18 trousers!! Oh well. On the plus side I can fit into my pair of 18 jeans again.

Ok my birthday is this week so better start saving the points for the birthday curry!

Fingers crossed for hitting the half a stone loss next week!

Gracie Keep positive! :)

I know how hard it is dealing with PCOS and trying to lose weight - it's so hard. And I know what you mean about it making you ill; feeling flat and exhausted, and fat and the horrid constant sick feeling.

You're in a good place here though and you'll find loads of encouragement and help to keep your positivity going.

Good Luck!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok week three and new BMI 32.59 another 2 pounds down and just hit the 1/2 stone mark!! Now 13 stone 8 pounds.

Only another 2lb to hit my 5% loss challenge! Not bad considering I had a small blow out for my birthday yesterday (still kept it within the points allowance just had nearly an entire week worth of the extra points in one day!)

Still in a kind of shock that this seems to be working this time! I have actually noticed some changes with the 1/2 stone loss - apart from fitting in my size 18 jeans again, my J cup 'boulderholders' are definitely a bit baggier. (Dare I dream about D/E cups again!) My husband is being so supportive and he has lost a few more pounds as well! (He recently lost 3 1/2 stone just through portion control and put me to shame!)

Sugarblomme - thanks for the comments - PCOS is evil. That is my target for this weight loss. Apparently if you can get the weight down the PCOS symptoms gets better. So my goal is to get my weight to a point where I have periods in the 'normal' 28-35 day pattern (currently anywhere between 50 - 70 days) - if I can manage that I will know I have done something right!

Ok this week I will start moving about move. I have put it off for long enough now!

Trying to test ticker - oh well never mind.

BMI 32.29 so -2 lb and now 13stone 6.

Just hit 5% challenge next one is 10% at 12 stone 9 - so only another 11 pound to reach!

Back