Grae's Slimming World Food Diary

Grae

I decided to start a food diary, my history with food is terrible (2 pizzas for dinner, chinese takeaway most nights, that sort of thing) but I recently started Slimming World and I've seen such incredible losses that I want to stay on track.

Yesterday, 14/06/2012

Breakfast
Glass of skimmed milk
Banana

I got a coffee on the way to work, a small Costa light 4.5 syns

At work I ate an apple and 2 hi-fi bars at 3 syns each, and for lunch I had a handful of penne pasta with some light mayonnaise and sliced chicken breast.

When I got home I had a homemade burger (extra lean mince, tabasco, worcester sauce, garlic, shallow fried in frylight for a few mins each side) served on a lightly toasted wholemeal roll with a few slices of tomato. I had an 80 gram bag of lettuce, I tried to get as much of it on the burger as I could, the rest of it I ate on the side.

After dinner I ate another apple, and later that night I had 1/4 of a melon sliced

Edit: and I just realized I posted this in the WRONG diary section, d'oh!

Last edited:
Friday 15/06/2012

Today was much like yesterday. I had an apple and a glass of milk to start the day.

For lunch I had a tomato and herb mug shot and a Caramel and Chocolate hi-fi light, and a Cherry Bakewell alpen light. (6 syns altogether)

At work I ate 3 apples.

When I got home I had a burger again, same recipe as last night, served on a toasted wholemeal roll with lettuce and tomato, I took another 2 handfulls of lettuce and chopped up half a tomato and mixed it together with some balsamic vinegar and had a side salad with the burger, with this I drank a can of coke for 7 syns

Now I'm eating a quarter of a melon before I go to bed in a little bit.

I think today was a good day and I could never get tired of eating these burgers.

Saturday 16/06/2012

For breakfast I had poached eggs on brown bread toast.

image-291125729.jpg

I didn't eat again until lunch time where I had 2 hi-fi light bars and a glass of milk, a while later I ate 2 apples and I had a fistful of penne pasta with tuna and light mayonnaise.

On the way home I ate another apple.

When I got home I made some SW chips and curry sauce, I made the curry sauce by boiling cauliflower in chicken stock, adding curry powder and blending it. It was delicious and I'd never done that before, very tasty and I have a lot left over I the fridge. On the side I chopped up some crisp lettuce and half a tomato with some balsamic vinegar and I had a can of Coca Cola for 7 syns. For desert I had a quarter melon sliced :)

Sunday 17/06/2012

Today I had the same as yesterday, poached eggs on brown bread toast, I also had beans with a little Worcester sauce mixed in! During the day I had 2 alpen light bars and snacked on them, they are 3 syns each.

I also had an espresso at costa coffee, I'd never drank espresso but I loved it.

For dinner I had chilli con carne, I followed the recipe on the SW website without the onions. I used quorn mince, I've never had that before but it was really nice. I'd never made con carne from scratch before, it was a little daunting but the end result was delicious, I topped it off with some coriander and served it on a bed of white rice. I also had a glass of milk with this dish as it was rather spicy.

image-822348772.jpg

Note to self, get gloves when chopping chillies and don't touch your eyes after chopping them

I'm eating some fresh pineapple as I type this, today should have had more super free, I'll need to make up for that tomorrow. .

Last edited:
Monday 18/06/2012

Yesterday was a pretty bad day, I succumbed to the beast that is chocolate. Not sure how much I ate but once the chocolate lust had descended and I looked upon the ruined packet I knew I had done a terrible thing, not sure how many syns I had so I decided not to have any more syns for the rest of the day.

For breakfast I had scrambled egg, beans, 2 slices of brown bread toast, and some bacon with the fat cut off. I had a glass of milk as well, both my HEXes for the day.

I didn't eat again until about 3 where I had a pear and a Mug shot, chicken noodle, it was rather nice.

A few hours later I had another plate of con carne, I ate a little less than the image above. On the side I had a salad made upof lettuce and tomato with some balsamic vinegar. Later for a snack I had a quarter of melon.

Tuesday 19/06/2012

Still feeling very guilty about yesterday I've resolved to keep on plan. I have a bit of a sore stomach today and I feel a little ill, had 3 duck eggs scrambled for breakfast with some salt and basil. On the way to work I picked up a costa light for 4.5 syns. For lunch at work I ate 2 hi-fi lights and I drank 250ml of skimmed milk for my HEXes, afterwards I also ate an apple.

At work I ate another apple and I decided to walk 45 minutes to get home, I ate an apple on the way home, stopping at Tesco to pick up 2 packs of Alpen Lights (Orange and Chocolate, Summer Fruits flavours)

When I got in I had some sliced chicken breast and drank some water.

Weigh in tomorrow, can not wait :)

Last edited:
Wednesday 20/06/2012

Today I was getting weighed at 10 AM so I didn't want to eat anything before that even though I was so hungry! I lost 7lbs in group and won Slimmer of the Week again! In group I ate 2 alpen light bars. I got on a bus for an hours ride to see some family with all my Slimmer of the Week goodies in hand, I ate 2 apples on the journey there. When I got there I was still hungry, there was a half eaten bag of cheesy crackers, just a small bag, I ate the other half, I didn't syn it but it helped me to stop feeling so hungry.

When I got home I had some brown bread toast and scrambled egg. After that I ate a hi-fi light Rocky Road.

For dinner I finished off the con carne I'd made a few days earlier with a large helping of lettuce served with wholemeal rice. Later that night I had a glass of milk for my Hex A and a little slice of birthday cake which I also neglected to sin.

I probably went over my syns today and I was so hungry because I barely ate the day before, so the next day I'll need to be really good!

Last edited:
:busted: - THINK OF YOUR 2 STONE AWARD!!!! IT COULD BE THIS WEEK! STAY AWAY FROM THE CAKE. I REPEAT. STAY AWAY FROM THE CAKE!

I WILL DEFINITELY GET MY 2 STONE AWARD THIS WEEK, I'LL BE GOOD THE REST OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!
*bows down in servitude to the great MadameLaMinx*

Thursday 21/06/2012

I did better today, still an insatiable hunger but I think I did okay. Started the day off with scrambled eggs, baconw ith the fat cut off, mushrooms, bakes beans and half a tomato fried with fry light. washed down with a glass of skimmed milk for my HexA

For snacks I had a rocky road hi-fi light, and 2 Alpen chocolate and fudge bars. I also had a packet of Velvet Crunch, thai Sweet Chili flavour, this adds up to 13 syns altogether.

For dinner I had a burger made of extra lean beef mince, chopped garlic, tabasco and worcester sauce, served on a toasted bun laden with tomato and lettuce.

After dinner I ate 2 apples and a nectarine.

A better day today, will continue this trend tomorrow.

Friday 22/06/2012

I woke up and made some scrambled eggs before heading off to work. At work I ate 2 alpen lights and 3 apples. I also had a glass of milk with my alpen lights.

When I got home I had a burger, same recipe as above, just finishing them off, toasted wholemeal roll, 2 slices of tomato and a literal tower of lettuce. I then had a bag of velvet crunch at 4 syns and 2 slices of melon.

I had another hi-fi before bed, a caramel and chocolate one.

Last edited:
oooo just popped in to see how you were getting on and wow!!!! 7lb this last week,you really are doing fantastically.....2 stone award soon :) you should be very proud of yourself.....will be popping in regularly to see how you are getting on x

oooo just popped in to see how you were getting on and wow!!!! 7lb this last week,you really are doing fantastically.....2 stone award soon :) you should be very proud of yourself.....will be popping in regularly to see how you are getting on x

It's appreciated, and thank you very much, I'm really excited about my losses so far and especially about my losses to come :)

Saturday 23/06/2012

Starving today! woke up, made scrambled eggs with 5 eggs! Wanted to make a full breakfast but had very little time. When I got to work I ate 2 alpen lights. Had 3 apples as snacks while at work and a glass of milk with 2 hi-fi lights. got home and had another burger (last one I had in the freezer, booo :'( ) with a toasted bun, the biggest pile of lettuce yet and 2 thick slices of tomato. After dinner I had another hi-fi light.

Looking good there chap. It's actually a good thing you ran out of burgers, don't want your body getting settled into a routine of expecting the same stuff all the time coz it slows your metabolism down. Keep up the good work!

Sunday 24/06/2012

A light day today. Scrambled egg for breakfast with 2 slices of wholemeal toast, again. 2 Alpen Lights at work, a glass of milk, and 3 apples

At home I had some chicken breast shallow fried with fry light, mushrooms, tomatoes. Served that with some carrots and white rice.

Monday 25/06/2012

Scrambled egg with 2 slices of wholemeal toast (I swear I'm turning in to an egg)
Half a melon
I had a Muller Corner pot, a Cherry Bakewell one, it was 7 1/2 syns but within my budget so I thought that would be okay
Chicken breast with carrots, roast potatoes made with fry light and some sweetcorn.
For a snack later I had a hi-fi light bar.

what day is wi day again??

ooooo do come and let us know how you have done asap!!! its wednesday...exciting.....waiting for news,lol

Tuesday 26/06/2012
Scrambled egg with toast for breakfast. Made it with duck eggs this time, it was lovely.
Didn't eat again until later when I had a bag of Velvet Crunch when making dinner, also had an alpen light.

For dinner I made spaghetti bolognese from the Slimming World website, I swapped out lean mince beef for quorn mince and also added in a bit more spice to it as well for an extra kick. After dinner I ate some melon.

Wednesday 27/06/2012

Got weighed this morning, 1.5 lb off and slimmer of the month. Still angry with myself because I only lost a little bit when I've been getting big losses every week so far. But I was expecting this, I'm getting to the weight that's all "I've been here for years I don't see why I should have to move" so it's being stubborn, I had a wee syn binge when I came home, 2 small cakes and a few biscuits, I didn't syn them and I feel really bad about it.

Had 2 Alpen Lights at meeting. Beans on wholemeal toast, 2 slices for lunch.

I cycled to work, and at work I had 2 bananas, and cycled back at the end of my shift.

For dinner I had some more spaghetti bolognese from last night.

Better day tomorrow, better result next week.

Hi Gray,

Well done on your loss so far, you have done brilliantly in such a short space of time! A 1.5 loss is still in the right direction hey??

Don't worry about the little binge, just draw a line and start a fresh. Can you keep the naughty treats out of the house so you are not tempted again?

Ooh your menu has just reminded me how much I love duck eggs, I usually only have them at xmas time but might have to treat myself to some this weekend.

Hope you have a good day :)

Back