Grae's Slimming World Food Diary

dont you dare be dissapointed mr!!!
look how amazingly well you are doing...if someone had said to you in 4 short weeks you'll have lost almost 2 stone you'd have been over the moon!!!
i know from experience that its the big week numbers you crave but i also know from experience that bodies are bloody funny things and have a mind of their own,lol!! the big numbers wont happen every week,lots if not most yes but there will also be small ones...just ge glad,and proud of yourself that its a loss.
so no dissapointed just proud ok.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I appreciate them.

Thursday 28/06/2012

Today was a great day! At breakfast I had a glass of skimmed milk with an alpen light and a caramel and chocolate hi-fi light, I was in a rush. I had a small americano with sweetener in Costa Coffee, and at work I ate 2 apples.

When I got home I had a 130g salad made up of leafy green and some beetroot, topped with 2 tbsp of Light house dressing from Pizza express, 2 syn a level tbsp, altogether 4 syns. For dinner I finished off the Spag Bol I'd made a few days earlier.

I then went on a long bike journey that was about 6+ miles long

For a snack later on I ate some fresh pineapple.

Last edited:
Friday 29/06/2012

Today I woke up not very hungry at all. I got up and had a glass of skimmed milk in the morning. I didn't actually eat until around 3:00 PM when I had some toast and scrambled egg.

I had a packet of Velvet Crunch and for dinner I made a sirloin steak, cut the fat off, shallow fried each side in fry light for 1 minute each, and then wrapped it in tin foil and stuck it in the oven at 240. I also made some SW chips and had a bag of steamed veg, petit pois, carrots and sweetcorn.

Later for a snack I had half a cantaloupe melon and a hi-fi lght

Saturday 30/06/2012

Woke up and made magic pancakes with a vanilla muller light, it was pretty great! I need to get a cookie cutter to make it better though, it was a tad messy.

At work I ate 2 apples, 2 Hi-fi lights, a salad with 2tbsp of light house dressing a la Pizza Express, and a mandarin Muller Light. When I got home I had an omelette with ham and a half a small ready made lasagne which I didn't syn and probably should have. For a snack later I ate some melon.

Sunday 01/07/2012

I woke up and had Magic Pancakes again, this time with a mint muller light, not as good as it was with the Vanilla, going to try banana tomorrow, this morning i sliced some banana over it and had a little tsp of honey too.

I cycled to work and ate 2 apples, 2 alpen light bars, a salad with 2 tbsp of house dressing again. I also had 250 ml of semi skimmed milk split between 2 espresso coffees.

When I got home I had some SW chips and another steak, with carrots, peas and sweetcorn again.

Monday 02/07/2012

Really great day today! Was going to ride to work but had to get the bus as it was too wet and I don't have any suitable riding clothes/shoes yet.
Went to work and had a muller light for breakfast. I ate 2 apples for snacks, 2 alpen light bars for HEXB, and 250ml of semi skimmed milk mixed in to an espresso coffee for my HEXA. For lunch I had a salad of carrot, beetroot, chard and lettuce with 2 tbsp of Pizza Express light House dressing for a total of 4 syns. I also had 2 packets of sweet thai chilli Velvet Crunch alotgether I ate 10 syns.

When I got home I had a few baby potatoes, some sliced beetroot, lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, and a tomato and herb mug shot. It was tasty but I think I may have eaten too much salad/beetroot because I got a sore stomach, I decided not to eat any fruit, I did plan to have some melon but I didn't feel up to it.

WI on Tuesday (today) so we'll see what the scales say. Hoping to lose 3lb and make it to 2 stone lost (25 st 0.5 lb) but I would like to lose 4 pounds to be below 25 stone, the lowest weight I would be in 3-4 years.

Yeah yeah yeah.. slavedriver *sob*

Tuesday 03/07/2012

Woke up and had a banana and a muller light. On the way to work got an Americano from Costa Coffee. At work had an espresso and used some of my HEXA allowance to make it nicer. For snacks I had some blueberries, pineapple, mango, kiwi and grapes.

Got WI at 7:00 PM that day, had lost 6.5 lbs, 3rd biggest loss yet and won SOTW for the 3rd week now. Also broke 2 stone lost, bringing my total to 31.5 lbs (2 stones 3.5 lbs)

Had 2 Alpen Light bars at the group for HEXB

Came home, had some salad, mackerel in tomato sauce, and a mugshot with some sriracha spicy sauce in it (1/2 syn per tsp) which was spicy as hell but lovely.
Afterwards I had a bag of Salt and Vinegar velvet crunch which were very nice.

Really great day, so happy, will continue this trend :)

oooo congrats on another fab weigh in!!! now take a good look at those numbers...looks good doesnt it!! now how very pleased and proud are you?? lots?? good!!!

oooo congrats on another fab weigh in!!! now take a good look at those numbers...looks good doesnt it!! now how very pleased and proud are you?? lots?? good!!!

Feels really good to be below 25 stones :D

Wednesday 04/07/2012

Started the day with a load of fruit, mango, melon and pineapple slices. I also had 2 hi-fi rocky road bars and 2 packets of velvet crunch, and a Mandarin Muller Light

For dinner I had chicken with baby potatoes, carrot, peas and sweetcorn.

For a snack later I had a wee jar of pickled mussels. Yummy!

Thursday 05/07/2012

Had a banana and a banana muller light for breakfast and synned 2 Rocki Road hi far bars

Had a packet of Thai Sweet Chilli Velvet Crunch

For dinner I made salad from tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and chopped carrots, served with some Tesco Light Choices Caesar Salad dressing
I had this with a home made burger made with Lean beef, the burger measured at 100g without the ingredients I added in, so it was 3 syns, with a toasted bun and tomato and lettuce on the burger, served with SW chips. Later I had a tall glass of skimmed milk and half a melon.

Friday 06/07/2012

Woke up today and had a mint muller light and 2 hi-fi bars for breakfast

Went to costa coffee after work and had an Americano with low cal sweetener

I made a quiche with 4 servings of HEX A in it in the form of cheddar cheese, the rest of the quiche was made from fat free cottage cheese, ham, mushroom, and tomato. I had 2 slices.

For a snack later I ate some sliced watermelon and drank a can of Pepsi Max

OMG youve lost 2 stone in 5 weeks! Thats amazing! Well done! Keep up the fab slimming world work :) x

I haven't updated this in a few days and there's a reason for that, I have my Wi tonight and I've had a rubbish Saturday and I've spent the past few days trying to make up for it, so we'll see how that works tonight when I get weighed, don't worry I have written down all I have eaten, all will be revealed tonight!

hope tonight is good for you and cant wait to hear x

Okay So, here goes nothing.

Saturday 07/07/2012

Woke up, had about a quarter of a watermelon then went out for the day. Went to a Japanese place and ate a bowl of ramen, basically a crap ton of soup, some noodles, chicken breast, mushrooms, seaweed, leek and some other stuff. It was good, also had 6 portions of sushi and some pickled radish on the side. Also had some wasabi peas, they were nice. Ate half my brothers dinner. Got home, had pasta n sauce, a mug shot, a crunchie, flake, and a pack of rolos, felt good for a little bit, then after that I hated myself.

Sunday 08/07/2012

Got up and had a muller light and some fruit, decided I was going to draw a line under yesterday and eat well. Picked up some leisure cycling shoes, decided to try them out, took 2 hi-fi lights with me and ate them when I got to my destination on my bike... 4.1 miles away, ate my hi-fi's, had a wee rest, and then cycled back another 4.1 miles, took me just under an hour, nice wee break. For dinner I had a lean steak with mushrooms, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, lettuce, beetroot and celery, it was delicious! For a snack later I had some more watermelon.

Monday 09/07/2012

Back to work, woke up and had another muller light, and some more watermelon (still got a quarter of it left, i swear that thing is growing) and before work I had 3 poached eggs on 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with a little butter. At work I ate 2 apples. When I got home I made myself a portion of SW chips with a salad of chopped tomato and lettuce with some balsamic vinegar.

Tuesday 10/07/2012

Woke up feeling very anxious about WI, went to costa coffee and got a medium large coffee, went to work, had about 3 more small coffees at work and used up my HEXA allowance, had a muller light and an apple, stomach felt a bit uneasy because of all the coffee and the 5 hours of sleep, and how nervous I was about WI.

Got to WI and.... 5 lbs off. I got my 2.5 stone award, and my 4th Slimmer of the Week.
That's 4 out of 5 Slimmer of the Weeks
36.5 lbs overall lost (2 stones 8.5 lbs)
My weight is now 24 stones and 6 lbs

I am 1.5 lbs off Club 10.

So at WI I told them about my bad saturday, and everyone sympathised, which made me feel 100% better about it all. :)

I had 2 apples at WI, came home and mum had made a not particularly SW friendly vegetable rogan josh curry, which was absolutely lovely and full of onions, which I used to hate, but now I don't mind, with butternut squash, broccoli, garlic, and some other stuff served with a low fat naan bread and white rice.

I ate it and thought, eh, celebration. Calculated the curry as 9 syns beforehand, thought that I'd had no syns a small low fat naan would be fine. NOPE! 12 syns in that naan after i ate it. But that's me had my celebration, I will not be doing that again any time soon.

It was, I'll need to be careful from now on with things like that, just because it's low in fat doesn't mean it's low in syns! I don't think it'll mess up my whole week, all i need t do is let my body do it's thing and stick to plan :)

well done on another fab loss x

Back