Gravy extra easy day

oooh i do hope someone knows the answer for you as i would love to know it too?

Not as far as I know. Cant find one on a search. Are you thinking of stock? If you find one I WANT it! :drool:

Im sure if there was one we'd al know about it by now. :rolleyes: Sorry lovely, no free gravy.

Hi SW Buddies

I have this recipe below
Syn Free Onion Gravy
Syn Free on all plans (Red, Green or Extra Easy)
Ingredients
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
few sprigs of fresh thyme (or other herbs of your choice)
500ml of beef stock
splash of balsamic vinegar
Frylight
Method
Spray a large saucepan with some Frylight.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden. You may need to add a little of the stock if it starts to stick.
Add the fresh herbs, stock, and a splash of balsamic vinegar, bring to the boil and reduce heat. Allow to simmer covered for approx 1.5 hours (this really brings out all the flavours, but you can cook it for a shorter time period if you need to.)
When it has cooked for required time, blitz with a hand blender and your gravy is ready to serve. It is great with any meat or sausages or can even be used for the sauce for a shepherd’s pie or similar.

Wow wow wow, just had my gravy using the above ingredients and method, but adapted to what I had in.
Onions
Ground garlic
Splash of red wine vinegar
Splash of wostershire sauce
Thyme (dried)
250ml chicken bovril

Method the same as slimassummer.

Had it with oven baked pork streaks, my oven baked herby potato tots and green beans. It was AMAZING xxxx

Thank you slimforsummer. The one thing I really miss is gravy. I was wondering how to do a syn free Sunday dinner and you've provided the answer.......now for syn free Yorkshire puds :)

slimforsummer said:
Hi SW Buddies

I have this recipe below
Syn Free Onion Gravy
Syn Free on all plans (Red, Green or Extra Easy)
Ingredients
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
few sprigs of fresh thyme (or other herbs of your choice)
500ml of beef stock
splash of balsamic vinegar
Frylight
Method
Spray a large saucepan with some Frylight.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden. You may need to add a little of the stock if it starts to stick.
Add the fresh herbs, stock, and a splash of balsamic vinegar, bring to the boil and reduce heat. Allow to simmer covered for approx 1.5 hours (this really brings out all the flavours, but you can cook it for a shorter time period if you need to.)
When it has cooked for required time, blitz with a hand blender and your gravy is ready to serve. It is great with any meat or sausages or can even be used for the sauce for a shepherd’s pie or similar.

You life saver, so fed up of having to sun for gravy :) x

someone also gave me this syn free gravy,
1 onion chopped in quarters,
add a tbl spoon water
put in microwave for 7 mins (onions come out very very looking)
sprinkle 2 beef or chicken oxo cubes {whatever you fancy} on top of the mixture.
top with boiling water (just so it covers the mixture)
blend together the ingredients becomes a nice rich think gravy.

Last edited:
someone also gave me this syn free gravy,
1 onion chopped in quarters,
add a tbl spoon water
put in microwave for 7 mins (onions come out very very looking)
sprinkle 2 beef or chicken {whatever you fancy} on top of the mixture
top with boiling water (just so it covers the mixture)
blend together the ingredients becomes a nice rich think gravy.

Hi Caroline1985

What should the onions look like, and do you mean sprinkle a stock cube over? If so, this method seems really quick - so thank you. :)

Hi Caroline

Thanks for the super speedy recipe. I'm cooking sainsburys low fat sausages (1/2 syn each) tonight so that will go very nicely:)

Looking forward to trying this with Joe's sausages, mash and piles of carrots :)

Back