Green Tea???

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fionao, 8 June 2010 Social URL.

1. fionao

fionao Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10.2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Does anyone drink green tea?? Is it supposed to help with slimming??

A friend of mine told me it did so i have been having the odd cup but how many cups are you supposed to have???

I am doing slimming world aswel but just thought if green tea was going to help shift a bit extra weight then id give it a go!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've heard that too, from what I've read it can boost your metabolism encouraging the body to burn fat quicker, but the results have been mixed. Statistics say it CAN boost your metabolism by 4% which doesn't seem a lot to me.

But i've never tried it, so it'll be interesting to hear if anyone has had success with it.

4. ByeByeBelly

ByeByeBelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(7.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work with a woman who drinks nothing but green tea. She has kidney problems and says it helps her with that. I've tried it but as long as I don't think of it as normal tea I'm ok, otherwise I want to dunk biscuits in it! ;)

I'll ask her again about the "healing/weight loss properties" and let you know.

x

5. Going2be*fab*at40

Going2be*fab*at40 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    8st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st1lb(-0.8%)
    Diet:
    Fabulous Slimming World
    Hello!
    There have been lots of threads on this since I've been a member (try the search facility at the top).
    I've tried it - I have weeks of drinking about 5 cups of day. Sorry to say that I don't notice a massive difference!
    It may be that I can't leave it to brew for long, otherwise it makes me very and almost instantly sick (green tea can have that effect on some people).
    Hope this helps!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.