Greetings from Manchester!

Hello everyone,

First of all I just wanted to say that even before I joined this site has been invaluable to me - when needing to find out syns etc. for the SW plan :)

I have been 'following' this (Slimming World) plan on and off for a few months now, although I do not actually go to meetings. When I follow this plan correctly I do lose weight, but my issue is eating bad stuff when I'm at home on the weekends. Dunno why, but weekends just need snacks in my opinion :D Plus, the syns in alcohol doesn't help either :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I do also go to the gym (this is a relatively new thing also), so therefore I am hoping that once I have got down to my desired weight I can not only keep it off but also increase fitness and overall health.

Looking forward to reading your stories too!

That's my intro anyway! :p

Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your weight loss journey! :)

I am from Salford, going to be attending SW meetings in the meeting house in in Manchester city centre as it is easiest for me (and surprisingly less likely to bump into people I know lol)

Hi and good luck!

I struggle at weekends too but try to do a bit of damage control by having stuff in the freezer like homemade SW chicken tikka masala instead of a takeaway and saving a few syns during the week in case of chocolate cravings.

Hello! I'm a mancunian too. Can't decide which diet to do, so here for some inspiration. Fed up of being fat!

Eamoo said:
Hi and good luck!

I struggle at weekends too but try to do a bit of damage control by having stuff in the freezer like homemade SW chicken tikka masala instead of a takeaway and saving a few syns during the week in case of chocolate cravings.

Thats a good idea. The snacks at weekend is just routine. Need to break the habit!

Chika said:
Hello! I'm a mancunian too. Can't decide which diet to do, so here for some inspiration. Fed up of being fat!

Hi there, I do SW as it works for me as you will never be hungry. WW didn't work for me purely as I couldn't be bothered counting points :)

Back