Group members: what happens in your meetings?

So far i've only been to the one meeting in this group, but the C asked what was the number one must have in each persons food diary, and as the C talks about the weight loss/gain she also asked what types of food have they cooked this week. I got some good ideas from this and it helped as to what to cook for dinner.

Mine basically just goes around peoples losses/gains, small chat with each, slimmer of the week/month, raffle and any news from head quarters...

Hannahkw1 said:
Mine basically just goes around peoples losses/gains, small chat with each, slimmer of the week/month, raffle and any news from head quarters...

Exactly the same with our group x

^^ this

members bring in packets/boxes of stuff they want valued and she calls the syn hotline when she gets home, then lets everyone know what the syn value is- or if there are any offers on in the supermarkets she tells us :)

she's setting a "challenge" for all her tuesday groups for August- just to see which group can lose the most (going by average lost per person to make it fair) just for added motivation :)

Same, apart from asking the target members to stand up at the beginning of each meeting, checking they're ok and then calling on them through the meeting for hints and tips (we have 5-6 target members stay every week). Also, any good ideas we've had or nice recipes we've tried from the magazine/latest book/sw website

OUr C is really good, she'll start with news from HQ then she always has a 'topic' for example picnics, barbeques, surviving the summer holidays, we had an imagery session one week, have quite regualr taster sessions, then she'll go around everyone and see how their week has been, starts that off by asking if anyone has had an amazing week and giving out any certificates due (club 10, body magic, stone/half stone etc)

after that finishes with raffle and SOTW

always really good, really motivating and positive.

We're going to have a meeting where you get weighed at the end rather than the beginning to make it more focussed on how you're feeling rather than the number on the scales..... should be interesting.....

K xx

How long do your meetings last ?

I have only been to 3 so far the first one I didnt like the consultant so I moved to a different class and I have been twice.

WI is 5.30 to 6 then the class starts but it is nothing like yours ie no HQ stuff or latest news or anything just who is pleased and why then she keeps going off on tangents.

I stay till about 6.45 then I have to leave to go to the gym but I know she has another class straight after at 7 so it cant go on much longer.

Latte said:
How long do your meetings last ?

I have only been to 3 so far the first one I didnt like the consultant so I moved to a different class and I have been twice.

WI is 5.30 to 6 then the class starts but it is nothing like yours ie no HQ stuff or latest news or anything just who is pleased and why then she keeps going off on tangents.

I stay till about 6.45 then I have to leave to go to the gym but I know she has another class straight after at 7 so it cant go on much longer.

Our group is wi from 9.30-10, then IMAGE therapy(which stands for Individual Motivation And Group Experience)from 10-11/11.15 Our consultant is great-yeah sometime we do end up going off on a tangent but normally it fits in with what someone has mentioned or asked :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have never stayed for group, however my consultant is starting a 9.30 am group in September so will give staying a go then.

She emailed me to say I was slimmer of the month for July though, any sticker for that?

rootsfran said:
Have never stayed for group, however my consultant is starting a 9.30 am group in September so will give staying a go then.

She emailed me to say I was slimmer of the month for July though, any sticker for that?

Yep-there should be a sticker and a certificate x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh we never used to get stickers if we didnt stick around, they used to go to the next highest loss person who *was* there. supposed to motivate you to stick around I guess.

IMAGE therapy(which stands for Individual Motivation And Group Experience)

ahhhhhhhhhh- thanks Tigger ;) i've been wondering what the meaning of image was :p

our group goes first half hour weigh in and chance to chat to C, get a coffee etc then an hour of IMAGE therapy, I love going, always feel really motivated

Also if you don't stay to group you can't get SOTW or SOTM.

Our C is an area manager so I'm not sure if thats why she's so great but I'm pleased she is x

kerryathome said:
OUr C is really good, she'll start with news from HQ then she always has a 'topic' for example picnics, barbeques, surviving the summer holidays, we had an imagery session one week, have quite regualr taster sessions, then she'll go around everyone and see how their week has been, starts that off by asking if anyone has had an amazing week and giving out any certificates due (club 10, body magic, stone/half stone etc)

after that finishes with raffle and SOTW

always really good, really motivating and positive.

We're going to have a meeting where you get weighed at the end rather than the beginning to make it more focussed on how you're feeling rather than the number on the scales..... should be interesting.....

K xx

Ours is similar. We have a taster session every month and we have things like secret weigh, or speed food challenge

Our group is really good
We have a real mixture of people
Some have lost loads of weight and it's so good to see how good the plan works for people and to be able to share hints and tips with real people not people you read about in the magazine
Some are brilliant cooks and try out all the recipes and feedback to us
Some can't cook and keep us laughing with their attempts
Sometimes people are quite down or frustrated and the group do a great job remotivating them back to a positive frame of mind.
Our consultant is a good facilitator she doesn't let people take too much of the group time but at the same time makes sure everyone gets a say in how they are or how well they have been. She is a fountain of knowledge
She is really interested in everybody and has a knack of pointing you in the right direction for the following week
We often set a target for the following week. Not just weight targets but it might just be to aim at drinking more water or writing things down all week
She regularly brings in taster dishes
Weigh in lasts half an hour and image therapy around an hour
Fx

Back