Grraaaaaaaa - Brain explooooooooding.

Lucky7

Lucky7
Sorry - need a quick rant.

Supplying at secondary Special school teaching science this week - most of this morning spent getting teenagers larger than me to cover ballons with papier mache (for our solar system display) - if I see another drop of glue I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick. Afternoon was a complete bugger (behaviour of one child who decided to kick off was a bit challenging), and come home to prepare for other halves relatives staying the weekend - have cleaned kitchen and bathroom, now got to go to Asda for groceries and cook dinner and get bedroom ready. I just want to relax. Where is said other half? Down the sodding pub with workmate.

I def need a big, big chill pill.

Sorry - needed to get that off my chest.
:mad:

Sounds like one hell of a day!
You need a medal working with teenagers lol.
If I were you I'd probably curl up and cry or drink lots & lots of alcohol :D
Anyway good luck

It's awful when you're supplying in a not-so-nice school - I spent the other day in a horrible school which ended with a boy (9 years old!) drop kicking off one of the boys' toilet doors, actually off the hinges. Then the teacher was in a right mood about it (naturally) but was trying to make out it was my fault. What else could I do about it other than I going in the toilets with the children, which I'm sure would go down very well :mad:
Fortunately the TA who was with me was very supportive and backed me up somewhat. Never going back there again.

When I was doing my NNEB training one of my placements was in a rather rough area & some of the kids were horrendous. I remember having to give a 7 year ok'd a talking to & he looked at me with the most cockiest face I have ever seen & said do you know wot your breath stinks! Then kept winding me up by saying do you wanna hit me you do don't ya go on just hit me! In the end I had to walk away meaning this little 'angel' had won as I was really wanting to smash him right through the wall lol. By the way I don't work with kids anymore & never ever want my own! & all thanks to the NNEB lol

leighxx said:
When I was doing my NNEB training one of my placements was in a rather rough area & some of the kids were horrendous. I remember having to give a 7 year ok'd a talking to & he looked at me with the most cockiest face I have ever seen & said do you know wot your breath stinks! Then kept winding me up by saying do you wanna hit me you do don't ya go on just hit me! In the end I had to walk away meaning this little 'angel' had won as I was really wanting to smash him right through the wall lol. By the way I don't work with kids anymore & never ever want my own! & all thanks to the NNEB lol

That should say 7 year old goddammit that's with happens when you use your iPod instead of a computer :D

Yeah I've had comments like that said to me before too, but on the whole I love my job and the majority of schools I've worked in have been really lovely. In most classes it's a small group of children that make things a little tricky whereas in that particular school it was a small minority of children that were an absolute pleasure to teach - never had that before!

Ah yes - those delightful little hoodlums that seem to get everywhere and whose sole purpose seems to be winding up every other human in a 5 mile radius (including the other kids half the time). I haven't had too much of that so far in 2011 thankfully.

But, to be honest, I'm really enjoying working with the SEN teens - most of the time, LOL. The papier mache just got bloody everywhere, and it was a nightmare trying to help them all wash their hands as the taps in that room seem to be either off or full blast. I was soaked through by the end of it. Still more rewarding than being in one of the prep schools for the last month or so though (nothing worse than arrogance, esp in children).

Anyway. Shopping done, and cooking done, and OH got back and sorted the bedroom. Just trying to chill for 10 mins before I get ready.

Thanks for putting up with my rant. xx

Is there something wrong with me cos OH being in the pub whilst I was coping with everything at home single handed, for his relatives, would be the thing that would p!ss me off the most.

Keep smiling Lucky, you are a star !!

Lucky, Teenagers are gits sometimes (especially on Friday last lesson). It's the weekend, now you must relax and enjoy the weekend. Let it wash over you.

Well i think it's terrible Lucky7 and you others are begrudging her OH a few hours in the pub.

Can't you see he is allowing her some "me time". I don't know. Can't win sometimes;)

Well i think it's terrible Lucky7 and you others are begrudging her OH a few hours in the pub.

Can't you see he is allowing her some "me time". I don't know. Can't win sometimes;)

Bad, just bad * shakes head * but then what can you expect from the illogical mind of a male.

Me time indeed !!!!

Hi Susiebaby ;)

You should know better than to argue with an idiot as I'll beat you with exerience and drag you down to my level lol.

lol - you lot make me laugh.

Oh well - it's over now. They've gone home - just in time for monday morning to strike. *sigh*

xx

Hi Susiebaby ;)

You should know better than to argue with an idiot as I'll beat you with exerience and drag you down to my level lol.

I take it you are referring to me when you say "Susiebaby" ? Cheeky, young whippersnapper. lol.

Of course even though I realise you have far more experience than me in the idiot stakes, far, far more, even an idiot of long standing like yourself can see how wrong the situation was.

O.K. Steviechild !!

lol - you lot make me laugh.

Oh well - it's over now. They've gone home - just in time for monday morning to strike. *sigh*

xx

I hope you have a good Monday morning, that the kids are kind to you, that OH realises what a treasure he has and that when you check your lottery you have won and can employ a maid for him lol..........

hugs xxx

p.s. if you have won do not forget *friends* across the water........mediterranean water that is.

Lol - lottery would be fab wouldn't it. I never get round to doing it now though. Did it more when I used to smoke. I can never be bothered to queue up for it now.

OMG - just found this old thread. That supply job led to a permanent post teaching Creative Art and Life & Living skills to the secondary and sixth form pupils in a different special school, plus that original school got the agency to call me an offer me the science job permanently when the teacher I'd covered retired a year to 18 months later (didn't take it as was already settling into the new school by then, but nice to be remembered). Scary how long ago that paper mache was though - wouldn't have guessed it was that long since I'd left mainstream. :)

Back