HAIRLOSSH

I met someone yesterday who has just lost 7 stone on Lighter Life. She used to have very thick hair, but has noticed it is now considerably thinner.

I did LL and lost 7 stones, around week 6 I started to shed hair noticeably on my brush and in the bath. I lost a reasonable amount over the course of a week or two and then it stopped. I have a lot of hair and you could not tell i'd lost it, I've been on CD on and off ever since and haven't had any hair loss, so I think it's just one of those things. For me I made a choice to possibly have thinner hair for a short period of time (very short as the hair folicle grows hair back again) rather than be 10 stones overweight. I do think I was the only one in our group though that suffered from it, so it's pot luck I think - Joe

yes i am loseing hair,my brush is thick with it and so is my straightners,but i have read it can be normal for some people and grows back when cd is stopped.

My friend who did LL very recently said that after the 3rd week or so she really noticed that her hair was thinning out.
Her hairdresser said that it would grow back once she was eating "normal" food again, and it has started to.

It's not like you are going to go bald, it's just that the hair thins out during the Ketosis.

I'm on CD and started to lose some hair when I hit my 2 stone mark - incidentally I've always lost hair on other diets after losing 2 stone too, even when the rate of loss has been much much slower.

Anyway I bought some vitamins specifically for hair skin and nails (only the supermarket own brand which I checked against the branded Perfectil product - it has exactly the same ingredients in the same quantities and costs £3 instead of £8). I know that CD has 100% of your vits and minerals but two weeks later and my hair loss has stopped...for now at least!

Back